Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

I paint the moldings the same color as the walls, in the hope that my non dusting will be less obvious than it would if I painted the moldings white, for example.

Painting the trim same color as the walls is an interesting contemporary treatment.

We didn’t do that in my condo because I have newly installed wonderful crown molding and I really wanted that white crown molding to pop against the navy walls. However, we painted the radiator navy to blend in with the walls and I like that look.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-17-21 at 10:51am.

I painted the trim in my condo the same white that’s on some of the walls. IL, smart idea to hide the radiator with paint but make your walls pop with color.

Love the raspberry color, but maybe just not so MUCH of it! I think I would like it more as an accent color - not THE color.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

While we wait to have kitchen countertops installed then I will show you a photo ( we are weeks away), now I will show you part of the light fixture in my tiny condo kitchen. You may remember that I was obsessed with French “Coolie” lights, an industrial style popular in the 1920s. My condo building is 1927.

So I bought this old light fixture from France. DH had to rewire it. The egg shaped thing is a weight where you can lower the lightbulb if you want to.

The “Coolie” shade is not on the light fixture yet. We are waiting until all kitchen installations are done before we put up the fragile shade. I love the light fixture just the way it is, without the shade! To me it’s very interesting, and when I think about the history behind it, it’s geographic origin, and then the current history where DH had to fix it up for installation, it makes it something worthwhile. It wasn’t even that expensive, I’m thinking it was around $150.

And yes that’s pricey but when you consider that elsewhere for my condo I’m looking at Art Deco antique lights where none are under $400, this old cool thing is fun for a good price.

59D01CB9-947E-441B-8293-50EE0043BC54.jpg

Interesting and unusual
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I love it! It wouldn't last a day in my kitchen with the 7' ceilings though.

Thread Information