Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

It is fun watching this unfold. NO, I will not get lured into redecorating or other such stuff, I will not!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

DH is the crown molding king of our neighborhood. He has install crown molding in many houses around here.

I love crown molding!

I am spending ridiculous amounts of time chasing down a way to get these French Coolie shades that I have fallen for made into a light fixture. The historic lighting place in town said they couldn’t do it for under $500 which is my ceiling price.

I secretly believe DH could do this work, just like he could do the elusive mullion work, but DH is busy fixing up my condo and then will have to pivot to work on our Hermann house. I am very very lucky to have exclusive use of DH’s time. That is not enough! and I want more of him, I want to clone him.

Just don't burn him out. Think of him like a good circular saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Just don't burn him out. Think of him like a good circular saw.
    I know, exactly!

I have been telling him that I expect him to quit the condo work after mid March because by then it will be gardening season and I don’t want to interfere with his garden work. He gets joy and meaning from that.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-25-21 at 2:45pm.

IL: I want your DH too, but not in the traditional covet thy neighbor's husband sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    IL: I want your DH too, but not in the traditional covet thy neighbor's husband sense.
    Haha everyone in my neighborhood wanted him! That’s why he quit his job working for a plant company Many years ago and into business for himself fixing a People’s old house is because all of our neighbors convinced him they would hire him. And they did. And he was constantly busy.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am stuck in a rut where I often find myself: cannot buy what I want due to complexity and scarcity. This has, in my past life, worked in the favor of my bank account because I just give up, and make no purchase at all.

I am trying to buy a specific type of light fixture for kitchen and hall. Pendant light, French coolie shades. It is all complicated by scarcity and complexity. The things I really want our antique and most live in France. I’m not sure I can get three that are the same. So I could settle to get two that were exactly the same for the kitchen and get one that is similar for the hall. There are reproductions but they all seem to be made in the Uk.
    After being peculiarly focused for months on French coolie light fixtures, I just went ahead and bought two on ebay.
    From France. I do not know which one will work.

I can’t tell if one bulb is enough light for this kitchen, but i am tired of shopping for something I like outside of this exact thing.

Ideally, two shades in one fixture would work, but I cannot find that in these 1920’s era French fixtures.

Pictures please. Have your appliances arrived yet? I definitely want to see them.

Thread Information