Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

You are creating your masterpiece. Unlike your floral arrangements, you will not promptly dismantle it. Have fun!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Also, I’ve given a $500 deposit to someone in my neighborhood who does decorative painting. She’s busy with another client right now but she will get to my job, the tiny bedroom, eventually. I believe her estimate was $1500 for the job for this 10 x 10 bedroom.
    Well, we cannot come to agreement about a wall finish so I am not hiring Cindy to do my wall treatment. I loved the first sample she showed me, but she is unable to buy that same product now.

She made a sample board of an entirely different product which I did not like.

These products she’s using are sophisticated and high end. But what I really want, and I’ve determined this from watching YouTube videos, is a glazing effect with standard paint.

I realize that faux Finishes are not popular anymore, but dammit I want one! Now it’s back to the drawing board because I do want a professional person to do this glazing in the tiny bedroom. Yes I could watch YouTube videos and do an approximation of it, but I don’t want to do it. A professional would create a better product.

Now I have to reach back into my brain for the name of the guy who did faux finishes in our neighborhood 15 Years ago. His work was sublime. I think he may still be around this area even though he moved from our neighborhood.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-6-21 at 6:30pm.

Good Luck, Iris. It's frustrating to want something that is deemed "passe" when it was lovely and worked well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Good Luck, Iris. It's frustrating to want something that is deemed "passe" when it was lovely and worked well!!!
    I talked to an interior designing last night’s neighborhood party and she said I should do it myself. She steers her clients away from it because of the “dated” factor.

Sigh.

Just paint it white for now and decide later when you are sure of what and who would be satisfactory. I have found that when things are not lining up, it is because it needs more consideration. I cannot remember feeling regret afterwards but glad I waited.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Just paint it white for now and decide later when you are sure of what and who would be satisfactory. I have found that when things are not lining up, it is because it needs more consideration. I cannot remember feeling regret afterwards but glad I waited.
    yes. It is already painted white with woodwork and ceiling done.

I will consider wall paper, but not it’s not the same thing

Here is my new periwinkle stove. This is a side view because it’s not set up yet and it’s pushed to the side to keep it out of the way.

C513F3D0-FE3B-4670-88E9-745C0FF7030B.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Here is my new periwinkle stove. This is a side view because it’s not set up yet and it’s pushed to the side to keep it out of the way.

C513F3D0-FE3B-4670-88E9-745C0FF7030B.jpg
    OMG! What a beautiful color! Remind me of the other colors in your kitchen palette?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    OMG! What a beautiful color! Remind me of the other colors in your kitchen palette?
    In this condo, kitchen cabinets are a light blue, Sort of a lighter blue than this periwinkle by several shades, but actually the shades don’t match I wish they were closer but oh well. The countertops are white marble and the backsplash will be white marble tile.

Pretty blue and unique!

Thread Information