Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Here is a painting I bought earlier in the year expressing the (what I thought at the time) central color theme of my living room. I think I will stick with it, a coral/red theme. Will mourn the lime color.Perhaps I will,find ways to include lime if that color continues to stick in my brain.

Attachment 4087
    That painting would go well with my thought-experiment color scheme, actually.

Just perused Benjamin Moore's Colors of the year 2022. Lots of nice colors--but not a blue in the bunch.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Just perused Benjamin Moore's Colors of the year 2022. Lots of nice colors--but not a blue in the bunch.
    One of the things I liked about the Amish guys building my cabinets is that there was no up charge for a custom color. They painted it whatever color I chose from a standard paint dealer, Benjamin Moore or Sherwin-Williams or etc. any color was the same price.

I have to show you my latest dream kitchen, I will never have this because I will not be doing new kitchens again in my lifetime most likely. But if I was really BRAVE I would have found a way to have a raspberry colored kitchen in one of these properties.

1CFA533B-7A30-4D95-AE91-624E44086529.jpg

It’s pretty but you need a lot of natural light to pull it off.

I think I would find it unpleasant to spend any time inside the raspberry kitchen (although I do love to eat raspberries).

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I think I would find it unpleasant to spend any time inside the raspberry kitchen (although I do love to eat raspberries).
    And I just want to be close friends with the woman who has that raspberry kitchen so that I may sit in her kitchen and have tea.

I've noticed that there has been a strong trend (as evidenced in the raspberry kitchen) toward painting the moulding and doors the same color, or just one shade different, as the walls etc. This is another idea that's been rattling around in my head because in my mind having the walls, doors and mouldings one consistent color would probably make the house look bigger, right? I'm certainly not a color expert, but what are your thoughts on that?

As for the raspberry, they do say that red stimulates appetite. I kind of like it. Not sold, but I'm still working on abolishing the magenta in my house.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It’s pretty but you need a lot of natural light to pull it off.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The color is wonderful, though.

I love raspberry - food, colour, clothes but paint a whole room the same dark shade! Actually my first impression was that kitchen looks like a room in funeral home.

Re varying the shade of a paint for mouldings and walls actually looks very effective provided the furniture and decor provide a pleasing contrast.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    There is a FB group called "Thrift store and garage sale upcycling projects to share" where your projects would be appreciated.
    I tried To become a member of that Facebook group but there’s never a response. Oh well.

Thread Information