Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think you need a trompe l'oell "window" overlooking the Arc de Triomphe. Get crackin'!
    Haha!

I think you need a trompe l'oell "window" overlooking the Arc de Triomphe. Get crackin'!
    Or maybe, since she's in St Louis she needs one of the Gateway Arch. Perhaps not from this angle though since then it'd make it feel like her apartment was in East Saint Louis...
    arch 2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Iris Lily, I saw this and thought of your new couch: Etsy couch topper.jpg

Iris Lily, I saw this and thought of your new couch: Etsy couch topper.jpg

I do like that. I have looked at French mattresses before. I had not thought of buying one like this.

in my head, I had planned to do a straight no button tufting cover with coral accents. It would be custom and then I would make pillows to match it. But that’s in my head you know, it’s not actually work I’ve done yet. Would it be work I would actually accomplish? That remains to be seen. I also want to paint pillow covers. I need to get Crackin.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I do like that. I have looked at French mattresses before. I had not thought of buying one like this.

in my head, I had planned to do a straight no button tufting cover with coral accents. It would be custom and then I would make pillows to match it. But that’s in my head you know, it’s not actually work I’ve done yet. Would it be work I would actually accomplish? That remains to be seen. I also want to paint pillow covers. I need to get Crackin.
    Fifty bucks somewhere on Etsy. Worth investigating, I think. It's called a "topper," and is lighter weight than a cushion or mattress.

Here are images of kitchen cabinets with no countertop or backsplash. It is such a small galley kitche, itís hard to get photographs. Iím very happy with the cabinets, they are beautiful. Itís hard to see that in these photos. The lower one with the handle is the dishwasher.

Youíll notice the upper cabinets with open areas. That is because I havenít yet figured out what I want to go in there, what kind of glass.
    B1E47BFD-6822-427A-AFA7-1800F92DFE2B.jpg

E178021C-C61F-4089-8554-56D6033DD9E1.jpg

D9E21AFC-521A-4DDC-9ABE-258227613B87.jpg

F9F7318C-B5C5-4B64-8A3F-E728F65D298B.jpg

Here is the “Beverage Center” Which I like to call “the worlds smallest butler pantry. “ It is right next to the little kitchen as any Butler’s pantry should be.

It used to be a closet.
    4F3A8052-07C2-4542-BE9A-99B7B339A13F.jpg

This is the little bedroom, bare bones furnished, lacking window treatments, art, a rug.

The room is French in theme.

the daybed is a wonderful old one, probably made in Europe. Super heavy. I got such a good deal on it I’m still pinching myself, I paid $125 for it. The lady of the house very much liked it and appreciated it but it was time to let it go.

The two French chests are some of that cheap French knock off furniture made in the 30s, and I did not get a good deal on those but they were a small scale right for this room so oh well. Sometimes you have to pay thru the nose for the right thing.

5B158F34-04C2-4705-B9AB-7B67308E1C78.jpg

8BBA2BFB-9E57-4945-B310-A3E20F87AC09.jpg

7 photos and they're all right side up. You go girl!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    7 photos and they're all right side up. You go girl!
    I learned that if I take photos with my phone rather than with my iPad they always load in the right orientation.

And then, often when I take a photo with my iPad, then take a screenshot of that photo, most of the time those load with the right orientation also.

Thread Information