Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Pied a .terre

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I did a quick search and found this link about the care which seems quite a lot: https://www.corian.com/-use-care-
    Corian also make a quartz version.
    Yeah, I just looked it up, and it seems that while marketing is pushing alternatives (of course--rip out perfectly good counters for the counter du jour), people are still buying it and liking it. The Spruce gave it good reviews in general, and here's a few consumer opinions on Houzz: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/49...-out-of-corian
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We put in Corian countertops with molded sinks about 15 years ago and have been very much satisfied with them, the only issue is that they seem a little soft. I've noticed recently that when I clean my large cast iron skillet in the sink I must be very careful since the cast iron seems to have rubbed a small depression into it. It's only noticeable when you look closely but it's definitely there.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I did a quick search and found this link about the care which seems quite a lot: https://www.corian.com/-use-care-
    Corian also make a quartz version.
    That's why I like formica; it's very forgiving. Plus, it's contemporary to the dwellings I tend to go for.

Time for a condo update:

DH has been working for months now on the kitchen.All surfaces needed to be fixed and replaced, Some plumbing repairs done, electrical moved and added. The new flooring is inexpensive, something like $675. It’s a tiny kitchen. We’re putting in prefinished grade 2 red Oak. I would go for higher end material but we’re matching what is in the condo already.

He is ready to add crown molding to living room and bedroom. This week I want him to sketch out cabinet measures so we can visit our Amish cabinet makers up north and place our order. I guess it will take them months to make these cabinets.

My goal is for DH to be done with major construction by March because by then he will want to be outside doing outdoor work. If I have to hire painters to finish painting condo, that is fine with me. I have already tapped a decorative painter to do glazed walls in the bedroom.

I want the bedroom walls to look like a foggy London evening:

128E73BE-DAAC-4E08-8F4B-91CD0D74C9B1.jpg

Your condo IL is going to look great! I will have painting and pergo done before I move into mine. My husband said he will pergo it with my help as we have done 5 other homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Your condo IL is going to look great! I will have painting and pergo done before I move into mine. My husband said he will pergo it with my help as we have done 5 other homes.
    As god is my witness, I will never have carpet again!

our funny Hermann cottage has 5 types of hard flooring on the first floor and that is disjointed and awful, but I take that any day over an entire floor of carpet.

Between my allergies/asthma and the dogs carpet won’t work plus I hate it.

I have been such a Carrie Consumer in the past week. My main task has been identifying a stove for this condo.

Normally I hate shopping for appliances, I may spend 10 minutes thinking about them, then I turn over the selection to DH.

but this condo with its tiny kitchen needs diminutive appliances. Apartment size fridge. 18” dishwasher (tho I considered none at all) 24” stove. It is taking tons of time because I want a tricked out stove. I want a stove that looks like a ghetto drug dealer chose it. I want color and metal! I don’t care about performance, I am sooooo shallow!

It is horrifying how much one can spend on a small stove and I am not even talking about Aga stoves.

As an aside, we stumbled in to the Aga mothership store years ago when we visited Shropshire, England where the stoves are made. Each one comes with its own engineer to install it. Amazing.

My first condo had a under sized drop in electric stove. Replacing it cost 800 in 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My first condo had a under sized drop in electric stove. Replacing it cost 800 in 1999.
    It is pretty likely I will spend multi thousands on a stove. But I DID consider buying a Magic
    Chef stove simply for the name. I live next door to the Magic Chef mansion, the house that was built on Magic Chef stove sales. Those stove made in China are under $1,000.

I thought that would be humorous. I suppose I could buy the Magic Chef stove and get some after market knobs in a blue color and call it Done.

Thread Information