Thread: $12 million USD settlement by Louisville, KY PD.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

$12 million USD settlement by Louisville, KY PD.....

The settlement, though a tad low for me (I'm of the opinion that 50 million and upwards would be more appropriate given the sociopathic behavior of the officers involved) is indeed a good start.

BUT....here is proof beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt as to why this citizenship in not viable for most of us - where is the significant reform to prevent such from happening again? That's right. We live in the United States of America - POC life is not.worth such reform here. I am incapable of.forgiving this. Rob

If I were the family I would rather have the officers charged and a trial versus money. No amount of money will bring that poor young woman back. The city having to pay isn’t punishing the cops who did this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    The settlement, though a tad low for me (I'm of the opinion that 50 million and upwards would be more appropriate
    So, I think you just made that number up, without any foundation.

Can you please explain your reasoning to the court?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    If I were the family I would rather have the officers charged and a trial versus money. No amount of money will bring that poor young woman back. The city having to pay isn’t punishing the cops who did this.
    True. No amount of money will bring the innocent and in the prime of her life Ms. Taylor back. And human life in America is not worth the involved officers spending the remainder of their lives in prison with no way out - think of the $12 million as the closest you will ever get to America taking responsibility. That $12 million could legally buy the entire family into one of the many better countries - providing all applicants have clean records. To me the $12 million is an admission that human life, especially POC human life, means nothing in America if not wealthy. It's also America realizing it created a PR issue and an opprtunity to move on to a better country at America's expense. The wise who move on likely get a better life and America sweeps it's issues under the rug. Pretty much United States 101.

Let's hope the Taylors chose wisely and do move on. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    So, I think you just made that number up, without any foundation.

Can you please explain your reasoning to the court?
    There is no excuse for the sociopaths/psychopaths under the employ.of the Louisville PD for ending the innocent Ms. Taylor's life. Since POC human life means nothing in America as the actions of the Louisville PD prove beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt - pay up so the Taylors can start over in one of the many better countries at America's expense - or have Louisville become a solid sheet of flame, likely spreading to many other US cities in which POC life means nothing. I don't know how I can make the reality of America in this case any more clear or easy to understand. Rob

OK, as I thought, no foundation except the the usual dead hobby horse you rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    OK, as I thought, no foundation except the the usual dead hobby horse you rode in on.
    I see great foundation there, bae. As do many other people - Thank God. In the future, police will get away with less and less. Until such a date, it us our duty to cash in and move on should we become victims - otherwise we become just as at fault as the police themselves. Rob

Thread Information