Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG dead at 87

Geila
    What a loss. She won't be forgotten. Rest in peace, RBG.

I admired her very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Oh we both know Harry Reid would have done the same if given the opportunity and I believe if you went back to Biden's time in the Senate it was he that suggested that a split White House/Senate shouldn't confirm. This White House/Senate are not split.

The really interesting thing now will be watching those of you who were adamant that McConnell should allow confirmation hearings 4 years ago reverse course and become even more adamant that he shouldn't. Politics may be a nasty business but it's endlessly entertaining.
    Entertaining is not the word I would use. Lying and duplicity is more like it for this administration.

I actually think the court is harmed by activist judges such as RBG since activism politicizes the court.
    You obviously are a misogynist! RBG was/is my hero. You were not a woman in the 70's or thereafter and the laws were such that we were chattel. She vastly helped women and minorities get equal rights. Go watch the documentary RBG. You obviously do not know of what you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Even if 3-4 GOP senators defect, the VP could break a tie and put a Trump nominee over the top. And the filibuster is no longer available as an option since Harry Reid ended it for federal judges. I personally think Amy Barrett would be a good choice.

As far as who gets energized more by Trump violating imaginary rules, I think it’s pretty much a wash. The rigidly partisan made up their minds in 2016. The non-partisans seem more likely to vote based on other issues than a judicial nominee.

I think we can look forward to another Kavanaugh-style circus.
    Which was absolutely disgusting.... another abuser.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Several accusers have already been found. They just are waiting to see who is nominated to see if they are going the sexual assault or racist route. Go fund me accounts are being readied.

And of coarse city’s will have to be looted and burned.
    That is the moral character of this administration.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You obviously are a misogynist!
    If the women in my life were prone to applying labels to everyone, I don't think they'd plant that one on me. but they probably don't know me as well as you do. I'll overlook the insult and just assume that you'd rather see more activism on the Supreme Court. Is that right?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

If the women in my life were prone to applying labels to everyone, I don't think they'd plant that one on me. but they probably don't know me as well as you do. I'll overlook the insult and just assume that you'd rather see more activism on the Supreme Court. Is that right?
    Activism isn't the word I would use. Fair, unprejudiced, unbiased are words I would describe a person that should be on the supreme court.

BTW .... RBG is on tonight on CNN 10pm Eastern.

I can see why she was threatening to some men because she was brilliant. It’s a huge loss for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post

BTW .... RBG is on tonight on CNN 10pm Eastern.
    Will Anderson Cooper be conducting a seance?

Yppej
    It's sad to lose a major player in the fight for equal rights for women, especially at a time when we have two gropers running for president, one of whom was instrumental in dismissing and humiliating Anita Hill during a Supreme Court nominee hearing.

Thread Information