Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG dead at 87

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Rob I don't see gay marriage being undone. Roberts has moved to the center and is now considered a swing not a right wing justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It takes a while for public figures to get over whatever labels their haters put on them.
    He’s not trying to ‘get over’ a label. He’s trying to salvage his future reputation. If trump succeeds in appointing an activist judge that will no longer be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    He’s not trying to ‘get over’ a label. He’s trying to salvage his future reputation. If trump succeeds in appointing an activist judge that will no longer be possible.
    I agree he's not trying to 'get over' the label progressives put on him. The real point of his time on the court is that the labels you guys put on him (and others) is based more on your own ideological hatred than fact.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I agree he's not trying to 'get over' the label progressives put on him. The real point of his time on the court is that the labels you guys put on him (and others) is based more on your own ideological hatred than fact.
    Oh please--the right is awash in hate. You're projecting.

I listened to the morning political talks today. It was interesting to hear the Republicans dance around their statements from earlier times when they said nominations close to election should wait and let the voters decide. The videos must have included ten of them. The levels of integrity were somewhat expected, but discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I listened to the morning political talks today. It was interesting to hear the Republicans dance around their statements from earlier times when they said nominations close to election should wait and let the voters decide. The videos must have included ten of them. The levels of integrity were somewhat expected, but discouraging.
    I listened to several as well and I find it equally interesting to see the lack of coverage of Democrats doing the same. We all know that if Democrats held the Executive branch as well as the Senate, they would do exactly what they're accusing the Republicans of now so I find the one-sided coverage disappointing but not unexpected.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I listened to several as well and I find it equally interesting to see the lack of coverage of Democrats doing the same. We all know that if Democrats held the Executive branch as well as the Senate, they would do exactly what they're accusing the Republicans of now so I find the one-sided coverage disappointing but not unexpected.
    You're comparing hypothetical to historical. Of course there's no coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    You're comparing hypothetical to historical. Of course there's no coverage.
    It's hypothetical only because the Dems did not hold the Senate in 2016. But their desires at the time were well documented including on these very pages where many of you told us again how much Republicans suck for standing in your way. Now it's funny how Republicans still suck for threatening to do what Democrats wanted in 2016.

I think it's dishonest to deny that both parties are filled with opportunists willing to do about turns on any issue at a moment's notice.

If a president cannot pick at 10 months he certainly shouldn’t do so at 6 weeks before election. You can’t have it both ways.

I expect the confirmation vote will note be until after the election. And if trump and perhaps a few republican senators lose it will undoubtedly not change that outcome because republicans don’t think elections matter.

What will be interesting is whether trump can find a moderate enough female sucker to stick her reputation on the line in such a blatantly political way for the possibility of becoming a Supreme Court justice.

The other thing that is apparent is that republicans are very concerned that they are going to lose in 6 weeks. If they had confidence that trump was going to win they wouldn’t be making such a rush job of this.

Thread Information