Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG dead at 87

Yppej
    Hillary Clinton in this 2019 article says she "may" have expressed an opinion or two about nominating Ginsburg.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...6ef_story.html

A year later RBG dies and on Meet the Press with Chuck Todd Hillary claims that she pushed Bill to nominate her and takes the credit for RBG getting on the Supreme Court. This sort of dishonesty is why she lost the election. Now we have again have two lying major party nominees. It's disheartening.
    Last edited by Yppej; 9-20-20 at 11:11pm. Reason: Correct name of Todd's show

"That kind of dishonesty" pales in comparison to the pathological lying, grifting Russian asset we got instead.

Yppej
    Taking advantage of public sympathy for someone's death to boost your own reputation with lies is pretty low too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I listened to several as well and I find it equally interesting to see the lack of coverage of Democrats doing the same. We all know that if Democrats held the Executive branch as well as the Senate, they would do exactly what they're accusing the Republicans of now so I find the one-sided coverage disappointing but not unexpected.
    I don't have a strong opinion on when the nomination should take place or which party might be right or wrong as long as things are within the intent of the law. What bothered me is the preponderance of prominent Republicans who had offered in no uncertain terms that they did not accept nomination so close to an election. And then how stories were made up to justify how things are different now. I suppose that's just politics, but it's just sad our country's leaders are not honest with the public. I would think integrity would rate higher. Deception is so common these days it's almost expected and the deceptor in chief provides an awfully poor example. What are our kids learning about leadership and success.

If we truly wanted to make our country great again, integrity over power and gross accumulation of wealth would be an excellent start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    What are our kids learning about leadership and success.
    I don't think they learn much history or civics in schools anymore so they'll probably get all their impressions from media, and those impressions will be one-sided.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I don't think they learn much history or civics in schools anymore so they'll probably get all their impressions from media, and those impressions will be one-sided.
    Yeah, all trumpers when they don’t like what is being said scream “fake news”. That is the tactic Hitler used to keep the masses swayed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/16/o...eech-1919.html

I guess that's how a lot of conspiracy theory starts since the messages from leadership can't be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Yeah, all trumpers when they don’t like what is being said scream “fake news”. That is the tactic Hitler used to keep the masses swayed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/16/o...eech-1919.html
    Well, I've finally hit the frugal-one trifecta, Misogynist, Trumper and Hitlerian.....and all in just two days and one thread. Yay Me!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    Well, I've finally hit the frugal-one trifecta, Misogynist, Trumper and Hitlerian.....and all in just two days and one thread. Yay Me!
    Now you know see why I put her or him on my ignore list.

Today's Wash Post had a short article and a video feature that showed a summary collection of the politician's earlier statements regarding the nomination and then dancing around the truth now. I suppose it's just "coincidence" that they are Republicans. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...s-way-forward/

Lying politicians are not anything new, but it seems like these days we are just expecting it because it's so common, it's mostly one sided, and lead by the example of Trump who tells doozies on a daily basis.

Thread Information