Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG dead at 87

Even if 3-4 GOP senators defect, the VP could break a tie and put a Trump nominee over the top. And the filibuster is no longer available as an option since Harry Reid ended it for federal judges. I personally think Amy Barrett would be a good choice.

As far as who gets energized more by Trump violating imaginary rules, I think itís pretty much a wash. The rigidly partisan made up their minds in 2016. The non-partisans seem more likely to vote based on other issues than a judicial nominee.

I think we can look forward to another Kavanaugh-style circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Devastating for women in this country.
    A VERY scary time for women in this country!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Even if 3-4 GOP senators defect, the VP could break a tie and put a Trump nominee over the top. And the filibuster is no longer available as an option since Harry Reid ended it for federal judges. I personally think Amy Barrett would be a good choice.

As far as who gets energized more by Trump violating imaginary rules, I think itís pretty much a wash. The rigidly partisan made up their minds in 2016. The non-partisans seem more likely to vote based on other issues than a judicial nominee.

I think we can look forward to another Kavanaugh-style circus.
    How can the august body accomplish anything in 50 ish days?

i dunno, I guess the next 50 ish days will be filled with all kinds of drama. The year 2020 was the year that was!

I think my timeline above was wrong. Mitch may be a traitorous asshole but he's not an idiot. The senate won't do anything before the election, but afterwards they'll do a quick confirmation vote during the lame duck session because that's how republicans roll these days.

Trump, however, will probably have nominated Jerry Falwell Jr by the end of the week since he seems to have the right qualifications.

Several accusers have already been found. They just are waiting to see who is nominated to see if they are going the sexual assault or racist route. Go fund me accounts are being readied.

And of coarse city’s will have to be looted and burned.

The nomination to confirmation process for Kavanaugh was 3-4 months, and that included time to review his high school yearbook and procure Handmaidís Tale costumes. That would seem to be sufficient.

If Trump were to nominate Barrett, the biggest objection to be raised would probably come from the crowd who doesnít think Catholics should be judges. That will make for a less interesting confirmation hearing, what with no sexual aspects to hold the publicís interest.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The nomination to confirmation process for Kavanaugh was 3-4 months, and that included time to review his high school yearbook and procure Handmaid’s Tale costumes. That would seem to be sufficient.

If Trump were to nominate Barrett, the biggest objection to be raised would probably come from the crowd who doesn’t think Catholics should be judges. That will make for a less interesting confirmation hearing, what with no sexual aspects to hold the public’s interest.
    "Catholics" and "no sexual aspects" used together??? ROFLOL! Good laugh, but I REALLY need to stay away from this thread!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    "Catholics" and "no sexual aspects" used together??? ROFLOL! Good laugh, but I REALLY need to stay away from this thread!
    I was thinking of sexual aspects more along the lines of vaguely remembered accusations of rape than the politics of abortion, but I could see how you could get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Several accusers have already been found. They just are waiting to see who is nominated to see if they are going the sexual assault or racist route. Go fund me accounts are being readied.

And of coarse city’s will have to be looted and burned.
    I was going to add your last sentence but you beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I’d love to hear where she was an activist rather than following the constitution.
    I'm thinking of her words in the documentary about her, something along the lines of "I see myself as a kindergarten teacher, educating the ignorant".
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information