Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eat you heart out San Franciscians!

Eat you heart out San Franciscians!

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-49631?view=qv

The house you all can only dream about in San Francisco at this price!

This house in our neighborhood is finally up for sale. Finally. It’s been owned by the same family for 90+ years. It was a boarding house in the 1940s and 1950s but the landlady was very strict. She didn’t move walls and screw up the woodwork. If you lived there, you had to be a very clean person of honor.

Her granddaughter who owned it in recent decades Just died, and her family put it on the market lickety-split. It was only occupied by them sporadically because they had a house on the East Coast. I mean, bless their hearts they were always keeping it up but it was a museum. We want to see it occupied by aN Active family who removes the doll decoration that’s been there for decades to actually live in the house as a home.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-21-20 at 3:14pm.

That's a beauty, all right.
    And most certainly a bargain.

In this market, in that setting, in that condition, It will go fast.

The real estate agent who Is handling this sale has been trying to sell it for their family off and on for more than a decade, but they were completely unrealistic about price and then they were never available. They don’t answer email, they don’t answer the phone, the only way she could communicate with them as to drop a note through the mailbox.That made the house impossible to show any potential buyers.

Frankly, I am glad the weirdos are out of there.But I want to iterate that the doyenne of the family loved this house, as did her mother, as did HER mother, and they all spent serious money to keep it structurally sound. With me, that’s always my bottom line: did you take care of your house?

I used to live in the Chicago Gold Coast neighborhood. This house could be right out of that neighborhood. Beautiful. It reminds me of the houses on Scott and on State Street in that neighborhood. The Playboy Mansion was on State:

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Ma...37-Million/#/0

That is just gorgeous. I PRAY whoever buys it doesn't HGTV it.

Like this house that reminds me of the house in Beetlejuice.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-moder...EG0iQ#cxrecs_s
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I used to live in the Chicago Gold Coast neighborhood. This house could be right out of that neighborhood. Beautiful. It reminds me of the houses on Scott and on State Street in that neighborhood. The Playboy Mansion was on State:

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Ma...37-Million/#/0
    Actually that's exactly what I was thinking of. I used to live in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. This house would have fit that neighborhood, too.

Who would buy such a house? I am stunned with the uniqueness of it and wondering how much would be needed $$$$ to bring it up to basic speed with discretion for the unique features.

Nice to see this property listing so thanks, IL.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Who would buy such a house? I am stunned with the uniqueness of it and wondering how much would be needed $$$$ to bring it up to basic speed with discretion for the unique features.

Nice to see this property listing so thanks, IL.
    Many hundreds of thousands of dollars required to update it.

This is not my favorite style of architecture in my neighborhood. We are known for our second empire FreNch houses, and this is German. But it is very nice nonetheless.

Cool old house and fun to see. I suspect not only a few hundred thou to bring up to date, but another big bunch to furnish it in the period style of the photos. And I suspect some sort of housekeeping staff to keep clean. Hopefully a new owner will take care of it.

What a great house!!

Thread Information