Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that your ballot is cast...

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Saw yesterday that so far 43.5% of absentee ballots have been turned in. Hope it is a record vote!!!!
    That is a really high percentage, with the election almost a month away! I am really happy to have got mine in already; it feels great, just wish my husband's ballot would arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Indeed. How many times did pence not even give a vague nod to the question before launching into an unrelated talking point
    A lot! He may have even equaled the number of times Harris did it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    A lot! He may have even equaled the number of times Harris did it.
    Itís interesting. At the end of the debate I texted a conservative leaning friend (not trump conservative but traditional balanced budget, limited government, unlike has been in power at any time in his life) that I didnít think the debate swayed anyone. He responded with a resounding ĎKamala crushed ití. I was stunned because although he intended to grudgingly vote Biden he was extremely disappointed with the pick of kamala.

I've long been impressed by Senator Harris; she was a good choice.

I only watched snippets of the debate, but from what I saw, at least she answered the questions put to her, unlike Pence. That ploy used to work pretty well for me in Italian class, but I'm surprised it works on a presidential level.

I'm currently reading a profane little tome by "Aldous J. Pennyfarthing" that sums Pence up as "an oleaginous house ferret." (Apologies to weasels everywhere)

All I heard from the debate is Biden won't ban fracking, not surprising of course, but wow these candidates are bad . It's California policy of course, keep increasing fracking, so not surprising there either.

I couldn't even watch, maybe I will, but I find them both so dis-likable (uh not denying that Trump is also dis-likable in the Prez debate, in an over the top way that turns off most everyone).

I may vote Green for all it matters (none whatsoever of course), there's maybe 1 in 1000 Republicans I would consider voting for anything (still have a soft spot for the govinator), so yea not voting Republican for anything.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I may vote Green for all it matters (none whatsoever of course), there's maybe 1 in 1000 Republicans I would consider voting for anything (still have a soft spot for the govinator), so yea not voting Republican for anything.
    At least your "govinator" recognized we have an environment worthy of defense, unlike the varlets in power now.

Husband got his yesterday and we will post it to the town box today.
    feels great!

If it was my choice I would throw them all out. I am so tired of the Pelosi/Schummer/Trump/Biden Circus. I think they are all fricken crazy - and with that said - no we haven't voted, haven't even received our ballots yet. Here in Oregon of course we have been doing mail in ballots for years, I like it. At first I missed going to the polling place - it seemed more like I was really doing my civic duty.

And there ARE abuses with the mail in ballots. Not the way Trump is talking about - but more on the personal level. For example I had a co-worker who had very strong political views. His wife could care less. So he did his ballot AND hers, she signed it and it was like he was getting two votes.

Well that's not good!

I got a third ballot yesterday. Someone isn't doing something right.

Thread Information