Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that your ballot is cast...

My USPS delivery has been essentially flawless here for 20+ years.

In the last few months, it has been hilariously bad.

Could just be the pandemic.

I just got my Early Ballot for Grand Isle!! And I've been singing this song to DH:

"I'm gonna vote today!
    I'm gonna vote today!
    BIDEN! HARRIS!
    BIDEN! HARRIS!
    I'm gonna vote today!"

I'm rubbing it in because he's still not registered to vote in VT. If he doesn't register, chances are he won't to go NJ to vote for Trump--and not sure he'll get an absentee ballot. This may be one very important election where we don't cancel out each other's votes!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Just got an email from Cook County Elections Commission that my ballot is in the mail.

I'm hoping to get mine soon.

I'm thankful the courts haven't looked kindly on DeJoy and his assault on the USPS. Reports are coming in that postal employees around the country are defying his edicts. There's a special place in hell for someone who would attempt to destroy such an important institution.

Just put mine in the Dropbox. Felt great.

Here absentee ballots were mailed out September 23. I still don’t have mine.

So, just a comment on why I decided to vote for Biden, as opposed to the Green Party candidate, Bernie via write-in. Boy, I was SO tempted when I filled out that ballot to write in Bernie.

But I am sold on the notion that unless Biden has a commanding lead there will be no peaceful transfer of power. There may not be one no matter what if Biden wins, but I feel that the wider the margin, the more difficult it will be for Trump to spin the election into a "fraud."
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

But does even the margin matter if it's not a swing state, I mean if a state is not contested it's not contested it seems to me. I can certainly see voting for Biden to send the most direct symbolic message against Trump, but I can't see even pretending my vote in California is anything other than symbolic, whatever I did with it, I could symbolize against Trump, I could symbolize for 3rd parties, it's all symbolism, ANOTHER MILLION votes for Biden in California will jack up the popular vote totals for Biden but will have zero impact whatsoever on who is president. We don't like him and he doesn't like us, but we stay together for the kids. I WILL NOT DO A WRITE IN though. I don't think anyone even counts those. 3rd party votes are counted.
    Trees don't grow on money

I got email notification that my ballot has been mailed out to me and I should have it in 5-7 days. It worked out to be easy since we have motor voter registration so mine got updated when I changed my address with the DMV last week.

There’s a ballot drop box at the local library so I will be filling it out and returning it as soon as it arrives. Not that my vote matters since CA is a forgone conclusion For the presidency. But there are a ton of ballot issues.

Just got my ballot. There is a drop off box in my town at city hall.

Thread Information