Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that your ballot is cast...

Dh and I personally handed ours in at our local post office this morning. DONE!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I'd have to research stuff, it's California, we'll have 20 ballot measures or something to vote on, only some of which I am familiar with. It's a research project, every election. And the ballot measures that failed last time, that some interest wants, will be magically resurected to vote on again in a new guise. So done yea if I had been researching long before but I didn't.
    Trees don't grow on money

As much as I hate Cook County, they seem to be on the ball with mail in ballots. They verify signatures and such as soon as they receive them. Enter them in the system. Radio interview said they have them in the system and ready to officially count as soon as the polls close on Election Day. Seems to be a pretty good system as some states apparently don’t verify signatures until the polls close.

DH & I got our ballots in the mail today and we each got two. That means we can each vote twice, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    DH & I got our ballots in the mail today and we each got two. That means we can each vote twice, right?
    That’s what trump told people to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Sure you don’t live in Chicago?

A uniformed Chicago police officer is stationed at each Chicago polling place. Probably due to the history of election fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    That’s what trump told people to do.
    He probably didn't mean people like us, though. I suppose since we live in MA, once will be adequate.

Yppej
    I also got my ballot today. I am voting for Greens Hawkins and Walker and in other races for 2 Democrats, 3 Republicans, and 1 Democratic write-in. I voted for right to repair and for ranked choice voting.

We got ballots mid-September and decided to hand-deliver to village office today. The virus is rampant here so decided against early in-person voting. Voted for the only one who can beat the moron in office now. Saw yesterday that so far 43.5% of absentee ballots have been turned in. Hope it is a record vote!!!!

Watched the vice-president debates tonight and the moderator did a terrible job. Hope the fact checkers relate the actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post

Watched the vice-president debates tonight and the moderator did a terrible job. Hope the fact checkers relate the actual facts.
    Indeed. How many times did pence not even give a vague nod to the question before launching into an unrelated talking point and then using up way more than his allotted time.

Thread Information