Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Hosting Update

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I enjoy seeing a lot of pictures... I didn't realize it pushes the cost up.
    They just take up storage space, but now we've got plenty. Post away!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Our next annual hosting expense of $499.50 is due on Tuesday, 6/1/21. Our donation fund currently stands at $437.58.
    I'll be making the payment on Tuesday.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan - have you been receiving any reports of significant server slowdowns over the past few weeks. SLF has become very very slow on my end, sometimes taking seconds to return a page request. My Internet connection seems to be fine, 1GB and super low latency, and other sites I use respond nearly-instantly, as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Alan - have you been receiving any reports of significant server slowdowns over the past few weeks. SLF has become very very slow on my end, sometimes taking seconds to return a page request. My Internet connection seems to be fine, 1GB and super low latency, and other sites I use respond nearly-instantly, as expected.
    No, I've never received any reports of that kind, although I've noticed the same slowdown from time to time. When that happens I usually jump onto their web portal and open a ticket. That usually takes care of the problem for a day or two.

Just tossed a donation in the bin. Thanks, Alan!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

ditto

ditto

Ah so the slowdown isn’t just me!

small donation from me this morning also

Alan, would you please provide the email for PayPal? I want to do it directly from the app. The PayPal website is working odd. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Alan, would you please provide the email for PayPal? I want to do it directly from the app. The PayPal website is working odd. Thank you.
    I have no idea what 'website is working odd' means although I followed our donation link and everything looked fine. I'm also unsure what email you're requesting, is it an email to contact PayPal or do you mean the email used for the SLF PayPal account? I can't find one on the PayPal site to mail them directly although they do have a customer service number, 1-888-221-1161. The email address associated with the SLF account is alan@simplelivingforum.net.

Thread Information