Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face fighting

Face fighting

Our latest rescue dog has been here a few days and we finally let her out with our big dog. She’s a little old lady dog and very slow, doesn’t walk much. She likes playing with our big dog, but she also doesn’t move much when she’s doing it.

She lay on her stomach to play with him. As much as he would love to have a dog to run and chase him in the yard, this is not that dog.

He’s excited and happy she’s here.

5177D740-9B32-4CC3-8350-43743B38A9CB.jpg8AAF0942-BDE4-4C28-8F46-587B5A431C2F.jpg

How cute!

Geila
    Too cute! I was thinking this post had something to do with gang violence. Those chunksters are adorable.

Cute how dogs find a way to interact that works.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Cute!

I follow a woman on FB who just adopted a new kitten to add to her family of another cat and a bulldog, Maddie, whom she calls her "bullcat." The kitten was born in a feral colony and she stumbled up to one of its managers and practically fell at his feet. She was malnourished and flea-bitten with infected eyes and ringworm, but she made a full recovery and is now a cherished pet. Love happy endings.

Whiskey, the big dog, got butthurt when I took the little dog Minnie Mouse up on the sofa to sit with me. He was mad about this change in status. He isnt allowed on the sofa ( first time for us keeping a dog off sofa.) There is a deep history with him and his previous home and a French bulldog who was allowed up on the sofa and he wasn’t, and he fought with that FrenchIe.

Whiskey attacked her briefly, and he was mad at Minnie for two days. He Ignored her, his tail didn’t wag when she was near him, and he stood stiffly over his toys to keep her far away. Yesterday he started to relax a little bit and they played for a minute in the morning. Then by afternoon they were playing again. And of course I have learned my lesson that the little dog will not be allowed on my lap on the sofa. I am trained!

Whiskey has outsized emotions. He is, as our rescue head says, “not a stable dog “so he will always have some problems. New situations panic him. He has a hard time with thresholds and can’t always make himself walk over them, so he has some phobias. He has to take Xanax to ride in the car.

He is very sweet with humans. Generally he seems happy and excited to see other dogs and I think he will be OK with this little dog as long as I manage our pack appropriately and recognize his status.

I miss my old bulldog Teddy Bear so much.He was a generous soul and was laid-back as well as funny. He would have been minimally interested in this little old lady dog but would not have been threatened by her at all.

Animals have as varied personalities/souls as people do, anyone who is even minimally observant can see that.

Why not allow everyone on the couch? Personalities are definitely different among animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Why not allow everyone on the couch? Personalities are definitely different among animals.
    Oh we may eventually get there. He came into our house as a floor dwelling dog. His previous family said he wasn’t allowed on the couch.

I thought I would start a new paradigm in our household where the dog doesn’t get on the couch. I suppose that’s just not realistic in our house. But for the time being I’m gonna keep on with it.

As an aside, it is very funny how giddy our rescue head is about little Minnie Mouse. She’s just goofy about Minnie. She sees lot of dogs, certainly has her favorites, and doesn’t put up with bullshit, but she says that Minnie is one of those dogs that would run the household and would get anything she wants if Minnie lived with her. I finally said to our rescue head last night “look, Minnie Mouse is cute but she’s not THAT cute!“ haha

Thread Information