Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cottages

cottages

I made the mistake of joining the Cottage Living FB group and now I am fascinated with the idea of finding or building a cottage for our next house. Maybe something like this:
    https://www.architecturaldesigns.com...garage-51865hz

That is adorable! If I went for the full-boat on my dreams for this cottage, I'd do that dormer for sure! Just know that a one-floor 700 sq ft is great for 2 people. If you plan on entertaining and/or having overnight guests (i.e. grandkids), the dormer/2nd storey home would be much better.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Enjoy dreaming. It is part of the fun.
    Keep it simple and easy for you to clean/maintain for the next 30 years. It seemed to have a large footprint requiring a fairly large lot. How easy are such lots to find once you decide the final destination
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

It is cute, but I no likeee “open floor plan” and want a wall between the kitchen and the living room.

There must be two bedrooms upstairs. I didn’t see a floor plan. The photo image shows a couple of steps off of the kitchen so that must be where the staircase is.

Not crazy about totally open concept either. I think it's the board and batten exterior and dormer that got me. The website has bazillions of options so I have only just started looking.

It’s cute. I am not a fan of seeing dirty dishes from the living room. The previous owner of my condo took out one of the entry closets and put in a island. Then I removed all the upper cupboards. But there’s a small wall that blocks the view of the kitchen sink and much of the countertop next to it. That I really like. I was in a condo with the original design and it really felt closed in. I am sure there’s probably lots of floor plans and you can probably change things. The biggest problem is trying to find land to build on.

I like cottages--especially those that look like beach houses. The size is perfect.

Yppej
    I guess I always thought of cottages as being smaller. Then again, look at the summer "cottages" in Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I guess I always thought of cottages as being smaller. Then again, look at the summer "cottages" in Newport.
    Well, I refer to my Hermann house as a “cottage” and it’s around 1400 ft.˛. It also is a 1 1/2 story like that. I think “cottage” works here If the finish materials are simple.

Such a nice site for browsing!! I can see where I will be spending some idle hours!

Thread Information