Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: New job update

Work has been going much better. Got a 13% raise yesterday. $10K! I’m still shocked!

Owner said he likes how I keep Customs off his ass. I told him I like how he leaves me alone to do my job without micromanaging. He laughed at that, but I was seriously micromanaged previously.

Great news Tradd!!

This is so great, yay for you!

I completely different I may Need your advice about toll roads when I come to Chicago area (Lisle, IL) on Memorial
    day weekend. I can’t tell yet if the route I’m taking uses a toll, but I never know how that works. Rather I should say I don’t know how it’s supposed to work efficiently if you don’t have one of those passes.

IL, if you don’t have an iPass or EZ pass transponder, you just make a note of the toll taking sites and pay online. They did away with actual toll booths with covid. You pay online after you’ve traveled the tollway within 7 days. They just have overhead things across the highway with cameras and transponder readers.

Glad to hear you no longer throw coins in. That was such a pain.

Forgot to add - I asked for the ability to work at home occasionally such as when a bad snowstorm is forecast. I have a 45 minute commute. Owner agreed to that. They will move me to a laptop from the desktop pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Forgot to add - I asked for the ability to work at home occasionally such as when a bad snowstorm is forecast. I have a 45 minute commute. Owner agreed to that. They will move me to a laptop from the desktop pc.
    So glad that this job has turned out such a positive experience. Way to go, Tradd, you earned it!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Congratulations, Tradd! Happy work stories are as rare as hen's teeth.

I took a toll bridge once; they just recorded my license plate and sent me a bill.

Wow! Congratulations! It sounds like you have a mutually beneficial relationship! That's great--also great about the ability to work from home occasionally.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That's awesome, Tradd!

Thread Information