Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New job update

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Definitely! My back hurt so bad last night, I wasn't sure I would make it through the last 2 hours. But... trying to remain optimistic and, hopefully, this will be a very short term assignment.
    Shoes are the most important thing for standing on your feet. I wore Birkenstock Boston's for the last 30 years of my OR Nursing career. Never had a sore back.

Also, if you can have a step of any sort in front of your standing station, put a foot up and that relieves the back. Just 3-5 inches is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Shoes are the most important thing for standing on your feet. I wore Birkenstock Boston's for the last 30 years of my OR Nursing career. Never had a sore back.

Also, if you can have a step of any sort in front of your standing station, put a foot up and that relieves the back. Just 3-5 inches is plenty.
    Thanks so much! I've made note of the shoes and will looking into them.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Never mind.
    Last edited by Tradd; 11-22-20 at 12:40pm.

He is probably dealing with challenges himself. Take a short mental break once an hour to refresh yourself. With numbers and letters to enter, it is checking and triple checking yourself. You are smart and will figure out a way to manage your attention.
    “The medium is the message. This is merely to say that the personal and social consequences of any medium – that is, of any extension of ourselves – result from the new scale that is introduced into our affairs by each extension of ourselves, or by any new technology.” (Marshall McLuhan, Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man, 1964)

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    He is probably dealing with challenges himself. Take a short mental break once an hour to refresh yourself. With numbers and letters to enter, it is checking and triple checking yourself. You are smart and will figure out a way to manage your attention.
    That’s what I suspect, too.

My Apple Watch gives me a reminder to stand and move every hour. But taking a bit more of a break should help. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    That’s what I suspect, too.

My Apple Watch gives me a reminder to stand and move every hour. But taking a bit more of a break should help. Thanks!
    Just a thought, Tradd. When did you last have your vision checked? Sometimes it helps to reassure oneself to do this.
    “The medium is the message. This is merely to say that the personal and social consequences of any medium – that is, of any extension of ourselves – result from the new scale that is introduced into our affairs by each extension of ourselves, or by any new technology.” (Marshall McLuhan, Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man, 1964)

Hopefully this will pass soon but it doesn't hurt to keep your eye on the job market.

I'm investigating FREE options through my library for the Excel courses. I knew they have offered in person MS Office classes, but they've stopped due to the plague. I just got the quarterly mailing from the library today and saw the notice for online courses. I couldn't find them before. Looking through them now.

FREE is a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I'm investigating FREE options through my library for the Excel courses. I knew they have offered in person MS Office classes, but they've stopped due to the plague. I just got the quarterly mailing from the library today and saw the notice for online courses. I couldn't find them before. Looking through them now.

FREE is a good place to start.
    FREE is definitely a good place to start! Best of luck!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information