Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: New job update

Funny if it's not true. If it was actually true that an aunt died and left me enough money not to work, I'd still give two weeks notice ... you never know is how I see it. Anyway doesn't probate take longer than that? Like I say, you never know what might interfere.
    Trees don't grow on money

I've used the exit interview to try to get my coworkers more pay. When they asked why I was leaving: no raises, need better pay. Now was that really all? No, the work was mind-numbingly boring. But saying the work is boring does noone any good, the work is what it is, and saying it's pay probably does no good either, but might give them a little feedback to perhaps contemplate giving a raise (noone was getting them, year after year).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Funny if it's not true. If it was actually true that an aunt died and left me enough money not to work, I'd still give two weeks notice ... you never know is how I see it. Anyway doesn't probate take longer than that? Like I say, you never know what might interfere.
    If it's true, I hope nephew is rock solid certain that 1) aunt left him that kind of money and 2) things are very clear cut such as he is the only next of kin and heir. And even then stuff can crop up.

Quote Originally Posted by saguaro View Post
    If it's true, I hope nephew is rock solid certain that 1) aunt left him that kind of money and 2) things are very clear cut such as he is the only next of kin and heir. And even then stuff can crop up.
    It doesn’t sound like a real excuse to me.

This reminds me, although it’s not likely the case here, of a mean joke that was played on the coworker of a friend a few years ago. They did an office pool of buying mega millions tickets. There was a mutually disliked backstabber type employee so the rest of the pool pretended they’d won the jackpot. Hated employee promptly went in and obnoxiously resigned to boss. The next day when he found out the truth he had to go, tail between his legs, and ask for his job back. The boss had mercy for him and let him keep his job.

They postponed the exit interview. It's interesting... none of the supervisors, leads or managers have said ANYTHING to me about my leaving. It's all rather funny.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Banned
    In my case I work on position software engineer in IT company https://mlsdev.com. Planning to outsource software development projects? Or do you want to hire a dedicated web development team (typically less than 25 members)? Contact Us. Our experienced web development team offers world-class software development service from start to finish - with zero risk, no delays, and no obligation.
    Last edited by linacapeola; 6-29-21 at 3:24am.

I have several customers who import food items from the same shipper in India. The shipper is on the FDA Import Alerts list for salmonella in one food item. Every single shipment with this item is detained by FDA. The product has to be tested by an FDA approved lab. Then if it has salmonella, they have to pay thousands of dollars to have the items destroyed. Plus there are extra costs for the testing, etc.

You would think everyone involved would want to get this solved. One customer said it shouldn’t be on the import list, per something the shipper told him. I contacted both customers AND the shipper, explaining what has been going on and suggesting they collect the needed documents to get this item off the FDA Import Alert list. No one seems to give a flying fig. Amazes me. It took the shipper a month to respond to my email (he is still working from home) and forward the email to someone else at the company to look at. No sense of urgency at all. All the while there customers on the US side have ever increasing costs. I told one customer the solutions are to stop importing this item or get the shipper to cough up the paperwork to get it off the FDA Import Alerts. He was like “meh.”

Face palm!

Was on vacation in CA and walked along the beach with sibling. Sibling was surprised as to how many barges were lined up off-shore. I remembered the thread somewhere here in the forum about the back-ups. Interesting to see it in play.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Those are actual container ships, not barges. Big difference!

Glad you enjoyed your vacation!

Thread Information