Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New job update

I was gone all weekend. Got home at about 1030 on Sunday night after diving until about 4:30 and having a 5 hour drive home. I got to bed late, of course. I got up at 745 on Monday morning (I "start" at 8). By 11am I was so bleary. I asked the boss if he would mind if I took my lunch early and longer, as I badly needed a nap. He had absolutely no issues with that. Said I'm salary and I know what needs to be done. All that's required is I let him know, which I had done.

Wow! I slept for about 90 minutes and felt SO much better. I ended up working two hours later that day. It just worked out so well. I'm continually amazed at the new job/boss!

You have a smart boss.

Yep. Much better to let me take the nap and come back awake then take chances with errors, etc. He’s pretty flexible.

Another plus about new job - don’t have boss forcing their version of celebrating a holiday on me!

Boss suggested an Excel online class. He will cover the cost. I’m researching options. Any recommendations? Needs to cover formulas and such.

Any recommendations?
    I'd try a free one first to see how much you can get out of it. The paid Microsoft training I've taken has been kind of hit or miss as far as value for the amount paid. I've been pretty happy with the classes I've taken through Coursera, and I see they have a free Excel class.

Someone suggested the library, but their offerings are currently discontinued due to the plague.

I’ll check the one you suggested out. Thanks!

My library has a program which allows you access to all kinds of online classes- perhaps yours does as well? Worth an inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    My library has a program which allows you access to all kinds of online classes- perhaps yours does as well? Worth an inquiry.
    Already checked. Nothing of this sort online.

I'd get something like "Excel For dummies" to supplement your class. I have Excel for Beginners ($4.99) in my Kindle collection.
    A friend taught herself basic algebra--enough to challenge her college math requirement--with a similar book.

Thread Information