Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: New job update

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Today was so nice and such a boost! Got a call from a contact at a company whose clearances I’d done for 5-6 years, until late 2018 or so. They had then left my old company and went elsewhere. Turns out they are NOT happy at all with the broker they’ve been with. They had internal conversations about when things had worked well and they all said it was when I was handling them. So they looked me up on LinkedIn and called today. Had a conference call with this contact and one of new company’s owners today. Looks really good about them switching.

Owners were just thrilled. Major brownie points for me!
    when you bring in new business that is a major score.

Proving your overall value will do wonders. I would bet the owners have never seen this in one of their worker bees before. So they got an experienced employee who is self motivated to improve the workplace and brings in new business as well. Probably think they won the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Proving your overall value will do wonders. I would bet the owners have never seen this in one of their worker bees before. So they got an experienced employee who is self motivated to improve the workplace and brings in new business as well. Probably think they won the lottery.
    Yep.

My contact advised he’s going to have meetings with his bosses next week about switching over. Fingers crossed!

I got the local, 2nd shift custodial job! I start later next month. I officially put in my two weeks notice to the warehouse. I'm happy, nervous and excited. LOL. Will be taking a week in between to go see my mom.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Congratulations, happystuff!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

YAY Happystuff! I hope this job is a better environment.

Happystuff, this is great news.good job.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I got the local, 2nd shift custodial job! I start later next month. I officially put in my two weeks notice to the warehouse. I'm happy, nervous and excited. LOL. Will be taking a week in between to go see my mom.
    So pleased for you!!! Happy dance for you and your persistence and efforts paying off. We do need a 'happy' emoji. Congratulations!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Good luck. That warehouse job sounded pretty bad. It's time to WORK TO LIVE (not live to work).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I worked second shift for years--it was my favorite. Congratulations!

Thread Information