Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: New job update

I had an immediate supervisor who did everything in Excel--even stuff you might normally do in word. But she was a marvel--a Chinese woman who had taught in Israel, bought her first computer there, and figured it out in Hebrew. She was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    You mean "paste special"? There are a couple of different ones and they are super handy! To be figuring out excel is super impressive!!! Congrats!
    Well, I noticed the paste special thing, as you call it, and decided to see what it was for the clipboard 123 option. I already used it to paste just a photo, etc. I couldn’t believe it worked for what I was trying to do AND that the boss didn’t know about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    I had an immediate supervisor who did everything in Excel--even stuff you might normally do in word. But she was a marvel--a Chinese woman who had taught in Israel, bought her first computer there, and figured it out in Hebrew. She was impressive.
    Wow. That is impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Wow. That is impressive!
    We had a business lunch where we tried our Arabic on each other. I lost that round, too. My Arabic is pretty much limited to counting to seven and writing my name...

Great news Tradd!

You're coming along faster than your boss probably thought possible. Your new job sounds ideal--challenging technology and all.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I can't really comment as office work is not my forte and on my last job, what interaction I had with computers/software was very user friendly and had logical flow. This new job? Different industry, different system to get used to. I'm going to be there myself, soon, Tradd. Glad it's going OK overall for you. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I can't really comment as office work is not my forte and on my last job, what interaction I had with computers/software was very user friendly and had logical flow. This new job? Different industry, different system to get used to. I'm going to be there myself, soon, Tradd. Glad it's going OK overall for you. Rob
    Thanks.

I'm off on Friday (I get two weeks vacation a year and get three days for the rest of this year). Going to OH for a diving class this weekend. Anyway, this is showing the massive difference from the old job. I would have been working like crazy to get everything done ahead I could. I would be repeatedly told that if I didn't, there would be hell to pay. The way new boss works stuff, we are working on customs clearances more than a week in advance, provided we have all the needed paperwork from the customer. Otherwise, we deal with stuff as we get it if it's sent with less notice. Some people have a habit of sending paperwork just a day or two before their shipments arrive in the US.

It also helps that I'm no longer handling the international transportation, just the customs clearances. I used to spend a boatload of time on that.

Enjoy your minivacation!!!!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information