Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: New job update

Happy, that’s awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Go ahead and laugh, but I found the Wordle Unlimited website - very bad!!!
    I hope you enjoy your day.

But I actually have tomorrow off!!! I'm not sure what I want to do - sleep late, binge something all day, do some crafty, declutter, visit family... all of the above?? LOL. I feel like I won the lottery! LOL.
    I have it off too and it has lifted my mood all weekend. I mostly just get the typical holidays, but for some reason they give us presidents day. Hooray Presidents!
    Trees don't grow on money

Enjoy your day off, Happy and ANM!

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I have it off too and it has lifted my mood all weekend. I mostly just get the typical holidays, but for some reason they give us presidents day. Hooray Presidents!
    You’ve worked places that gave you holidays off but not president’s day? The only place I worked that didn’t give president’s day was an accounting firm because it is tax season.

The last place that I worked bundled most of the holidays so that folks would have Christmas -> New Year's off. That meant however, no presidents day, Columbus day etc.

Retail related businesses usually do not give these types of holidays off. Business-wise it makes sense, but that means employees work.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I can certainly understand retail businesses and healthcare, police forces, etc that can’t give holidays off. But they often just give people other time off. (SO doesn’t get any holidays off because the hotel doesn’t close, but he gets 30-something PTO days, some of which he uses on holidays.). But I was under the impression that ANM had some sort of office type job.

Yea it's an office job, but I've worked many many such jobs and except for this one almost never had presidents day off except that year I worked for an actual bank (I'm not in banking right now). So standard 7 holidays: New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, 2 days Thanksgiving (it's kind of been hit or miss whether I got 1 or 2 days but this place gives 2), Christmas and then plus presidents day = 8.

I don't get MLK day, Columbus/indigenous people's day or anything. I don't work for the government afterall. I don't get a week off for the holidays, I get Christmas and New Years. We usually do get to leave a few hours early on the work day before a holiday. 10 days vacation (now up to 13 as I reached the 2 year mark and got 3 extra days). 3 sick days as per California law - very good I live in a state with mandatory sick time as they only give the legal minimum - I think before that law was passed it was none but that was before I worked there. And that's the total of PTO besides holidays. And no they aren't horrible employers, raises, bonuses (believe me I've worked places those were non-existant), just most jobs don't have a lot of time off in my experience.
    Trees don't grow on money

Interesting. Every office job I've had over the last 32 years (except the year I was temping and working for the accounting firm so we didn't get Presidents' day) I've gotten the same 9 (new years, MLK, Presidents', Memorial, Independence, Labor, Thanksgiving+friday and Christmas.) My current employer also gives us Juneteenth.

Thread Information