Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It is inappropriate.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

It is inappropriate.....

For Trump to continue as President given his vast wealth and his unwillingness to pay fair taxes. As a resident of the 85006 I PAY MORE INCOME TAX THAN HE DOES!!! Someone please explain to me how this is acceptable and/or excusable?

You are if course free to see this as you choose - but the 85006 deserves non'-tax dodging leadership. Of course we will be voting accordingly. Rob

The New York Times reported that he paid an average of $1.4M per year between 2000 and 2017. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/27/u...takeaways.html

As a resident of the 85006 I PAY MORE INCOME TAX THAN HE DOES!!!

You must be very successful. Congratulations!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The New York Times reported that he paid an average of $1.4M per year between 2000 and 2017. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/27/u...takeaways.html
    What's been leaked is much lower numbers for recent years. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What's been leaked is much lower numbers for recent years. Rob
    The story I linked to is the leak. Where are you hearing otherwise?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

The New York Times reported that he paid an average of $1.4M per year between 2000 and 2017. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/27/u...takeaways.htmlIt doesn

You must be very successful. Congratulations![/COLOR]
    Hmmmm.....no, not really. Just make over the non-taxable threshold and you're paying more than Donald Trump and last year with much lower income, I paid more than $750. It doesn't take much to psy more than Donald Trump does in taxes. No wonder he tried so hard to block his taxes from the public eye! What a horribly evil and despicable piece of work. Soon to be an unfortunate asterik in American history. Rob

The story I linked to is the leak. Where are you hearing otherwise?
    Google Trump's taxes show years of tax avoidance for the truth. Rob

Google Trump's taxes show years of tax avoidance for the truth. Rob
    I did just that to see what you were talking about. That's how I came upon the Times story that all the other speculation stems from. Can you direct me to something more specific?

For Trump to continue as President given his vast wealth and his unwillingness to pay fair taxes.
    You seem to be jumping to some conclusions.

Reading through the recent release of his tax information, what specific things do you see that did he did that were illegal? The simple ability to have sizeable wealth and end up not paying huge taxes is not illegal, or even incorrect - it depends on the specific details of the income and expenses for that tax year.

I arrange my own affairs so that I only pay income tax one year out of three or so. It is a simple matter of not having taxable income on the bottom line.

I also suspect that I, and some of the other members here, may have a higher net worth than Trump, as the bits of the revealed information I have glanced at reveal the story of a financial enterprise built on burning cash in giant pyres, while gathering up the next pile to burn. House-of-flaming-cards.

Why doesn’t the Times simply publish the pilfered documents in their unspun entirety rather than provide selected “highlights”?

The tax system as it is now is what allows all these manipulations to continue. I haven't fact checked it buy I believe many large corporations and wealthy individuals pay very little tax relative to their income. The can also afford to pay clever tax attorneys to figure out how.

Thread Information