Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Debate

The Debate

Biden is too polite for this venue, makes him look weaker than he is. Trump interrupts everyone constantly, which annoys me cause I want to hear both sides.

That’s my summary so far.

If calling your opponent a clown is too polite, I guess that’s true. Based on both candidates’ performance so far, I think the sponsors should bring in third grade teachers as moderators. That might serve to keep the level of insults and interruptions at a reasonable level.

Trump refused to state that he condemns white supremacy.

I do wish they would turn off the mic during the two minutes on each topic when the opponent has the floor and they are not supposed to be speaking.

Trump pretty much turned a civil debate into a WWF free for all, which was no surprise. Biden is just not a charismatic speaker and towed his practiced lines. The fact checkers will have their work cut out for them. I didn't pick out much new from either. It was a little disappointing. I agree, the moderator should have a choice to cut off the microphones when the rules of debate are exceeded

It's sad to think we have devolved to such lunacy - what a circus. It didn't help either one of the candidates or really clarify any issues. Actually, Trump reminds me of some of the bullies I remember in grade school so a third grade teacher as moderator might be appropriate.

Trump is a jerk and kept interrupting. What was Biden supposed to do?

Right. If he does nothing he is weak. If he fights back people say he is calling Trump names too.

Lose-lose situation.

Precisely no one will change their mind after this. We all learned that Biden is too polite and trump is a stupid bully. We all knew that. I agree with Tammy that they should have cut the mic during the uninterrupted response parts. Since they didn’t Biden needs to learn to say STFU repeatedly as necessary before the next debate.

And now in his final statement trump is spewing qanon level absurdities about fictitious voter fraud. This traitor can’t leave soon enough. Why does he hate this country and our ideals so much? And why do his supporters support this?

Thread Information