Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: The Debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,627

    The Debate

    Biden is too polite for this venue, makes him look weaker than he is. Trump interrupts everyone constantly, which annoys me cause I want to hear both sides.

    Thatís my summary so far.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,265
    If calling your opponent a clown is too polite, I guess thatís true. Based on both candidatesí performance so far, I think the sponsors should bring in third grade teachers as moderators. That might serve to keep the level of insults and interruptions at a reasonable level.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,627
    Trump refused to state that he condemns white supremacy.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,627
    I do wish they would turn off the mic during the two minutes on each topic when the opponent has the floor and they are not supposed to be speaking.

  5. #5
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I do wish they would turn off the mic during the two minutes on each topic when the opponent has the floor and they are not supposed to be speaking.
    That's a good idea!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,462
    Trump pretty much turned a civil debate into a WWF free for all, which was no surprise. Biden is just not a charismatic speaker and towed his practiced lines. The fact checkers will have their work cut out for them. I didn't pick out much new from either. It was a little disappointing. I agree, the moderator should have a choice to cut off the microphones when the rules of debate are exceeded

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,228
    It's sad to think we have devolved to such lunacy - what a circus. It didn't help either one of the candidates or really clarify any issues. Actually, Trump reminds me of some of the bullies I remember in grade school so a third grade teacher as moderator might be appropriate.

  8. #8
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,082
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    It's sad to think we have devolved to such lunacy - what a circus. It didn't help either one of the candidates or really clarify any issues. Actually, Trump reminds me of some of the bullies I remember in grade school so a third grade teacher as moderator might be appropriate.
    Funny, on CBS this morning they said that they had received mail from circus people who were offended that they compared the debate to a circus, since many circus people are much more reasonable than that.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Funny, on CBS this morning they said that they had received mail from circus people who were offended that they compared the debate to a circus, since many circus people are much more reasonable than that.
    We missed you Cathy. Glad to see you are back!

  10. #10
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    11,155
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    We missed you Cathy. Glad to see you are back!
    I was going to say the same thing--where have you been, Cathy?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •