Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    This is the first time I have not watched a presidential debate since I was a little kid and my parents wouldn't let me stay up late. As expected I did not miss anything.
    Actually you did. It reiterated what a jackass trump is. If you were not sure before, this would have sealed the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Funny, on CBS this morning they said that they had received mail from circus people who were offended that they compared the debate to a circus, since many circus people are much more reasonable than that.
    We missed you Cathy. Glad to see you are back!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Yes! And it's just as frightening that he has so many supporters. It's a reality I'm really having trouble understanding.
    You definitely are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    We missed you Cathy. Glad to see you are back!
    I was going to say the same thing--where have you been, Cathy?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I often argue for reading the transcripts. The visual setups often detract from an analysis of what is being said (although frankly at this point in who cares?). I certainly did read the transcripts with the Republican primaries in 2016 and Trump stood out in a way no other candidate did, in that he couldn't form a coherent argument or sentence, that's not about agreement or factuality, when I agreed with little, and even thought Carly Fiona was a far worse human being with far worse policies, it's basic logical structure, does not cohere.

But even so the visual spectacle of the Trump trainwreck last night was a sight to behold, as in dang give Trump a Tony award for portraying the power mad man-child king raging at the waning of his power.
    Trees don't grow on money

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I personally am disappointed in both and I expected better from Biden. This is not going to end well is my take. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I personally am disappointed in both and I expected better from Biden. This is not going to end well is my take. Rob
    Biden was in an impossible position. Some people wanted him to be more aggressive towards trump. Some people wanted him to take a more ‘high road’ approach befitting the office he’s running for. There is no middle ground that will satisfy those two groups.

At the end of the day trump needs to win back the suburban voters that abandoned his party in 2018 if he hopes to win by some method that doesn’t include large scale cheating. This debate performance most certainly did not win back those voters. The only people impressed by trump’s debate performance were the people who were already 110% voting for trump. Everyone else saw it for the blazing dumpster fire that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I think Trump's strategy of berating, name calling, and interrupting was intended to rattle Biden and make him lose his composure and train of thought. I also think his speaking style is affected by his stuttering early in life. He's not my ideal candidate but as the campaigns go on I get a better impression that he is a decent person, within the limits of politics anyway.
    Last edited by Rogar; 10-1-20 at 10:51am. Reason: spelling correction

Biden did a good job considering the circumstances. It was a no win situation for him.

Thread Information