Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maine Dream House for Somebody

Maine Dream House for Somebody

Found this dream house for somebody--it's too expensive for us, but y'all seem to have a lot more money and do not flinch at these prices. I think this house is a stunner, so someone from here needs to buy it as your vacation home--or relocate to lovely Maine:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...pid/?mmlb=g,22

It’s pretty but didn’t see a price. No rural living for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It’s pretty but didn’t see a price.
    $379,500
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

It is a lovely house on a large pretty lot suitable for a young active family. Nice large rooms, old fashioned kitchen/dining area and a neat workshop. One would need energy and some machinery to maintain the grounds, not sure if the siding is painted or modern materials. Curious about the water and sewage, the insulation and utility costs of an old farmhouse but it may have been renovated to today's code.
    Yes, I would have loved to take a tour.

Just an FYI, Canadian house prices have gone totally nuts so this house would be over $500,000 easily.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Very nice house, just the right size, and I love all the quilts!
    The price seems reasonable, only slightly more expensive than older condos I've looked at.

Thats the kind of house
    I look at in NE listings, old Cape Cods. But that price tag is too high for me. In fantasy NE buying I top out at around $300,000.

It is nicely presented.

The new front door and porch are insensitive to the building and would have to go.

Its the water view and the location that attracts me. Very close to a wonderful town, Damariscotta.

Very cute, but not for me.

Very cute! I love sage against the pine, it has a lot of charm, and it does seem to offer a lot. I don't think the price is bad, but I'm not sure where that town is. The ONLY thing I don't like (in addition to agreeing with IL that the front door seems a little out of keeping with the style) is that fact that it seems to be on a main road, albeit a rural road.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I think it's lovely, and very reasonable. I agree about the front door and porch.

Thread Information