Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reemployed, different business.....

When do you start? If you mentioned that, I didn’t catch it. And what hours will you be working? Days, evenings, etc?

Looking forward to hearing how you like it?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    When do you start? If you mentioned that, I didn’t catch it. And what hours will you be working? Days, evenings, etc?

Looking forward to hearing how you like it?
    Variable hours with a slant towards nights which I prefer anyway. I start in two weeks. So looking forward to giving it my best shot - in something outside food and beverage. I'll definitely post how it goes. Rob

And Thank You to everyone for your good wishes. Honestly? I never really believed I could break out of f and b - but to be fair, my last job (mostly) rocked. Rob

Rob, I’m going to make one strong recommendation about your new job. Do not, and I mean this, absolutely do NOT bring up anything political at the new job. Keep your mouth shut about it. I don’t care what you know about the neighborhood, etc. I have worked with people in the past who bombard you immediately upon starting about their political leanings and pet causes. It is a massive turnoff.

Well said, Tradd. These will be coworkers and customers to be respected, not friends or adherents of any persuasion pro or con.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Rob, I’m going to make one strong recommendation about your new job. Do not, and I mean this, absolutely do NOT bring up anything political at the new job. Keep your mouth shut about it. I don’t care what you know about the neighborhood, etc. I have worked with people in the past so. who bombard you immediately upon starting about their political leanings and pet causes. It is a massive turnoff.
    I never discuss politics at work Tradd. 3 things I'll never talk about at work - sex, religion, or politics. Just asking for problems to.do so
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I never discuss politics at work Tradd. 3 things I'll never talk about at work - sex, religion, or politics. Just asking for problems to.do so
    Rob
    Given your many posts here on politics, it seemed quite possible you would discuss politics at work. And given the current situation, a heads up seemed prudent. I’ve worked with those before who would not stop talking about the topic, even after management told them to stop.

Agree with Tradd. You could make it a hostile work environment, rather quick, not to mention the potential firing from losing the other party customer base.

And I do have to ask - Rob, are you going to be able to remain professional if you have to deal with a cop? They may be in the shop in uniform off duty or on duty if there is a shoplifting incident or the like.

Rob, has stated in the past that he has good boundaries while at work. No clue why some people are asking the same questions. Being at work and on a forum are 2 very different things. I would be offended at the questions if I was Rob.

Thread Information