Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    It’s abhorrent to me when government or employers get involved in telling us how to eat and exercise. But I’m a hypocrite because I do the necessary steps in our wellness program to get the $60 monthly discount on our insurance. But I do it on company time as much as I can. Ugh.
    I'm so glad I missed out on that. (Have I mentioned how much I hate insurance companies?) At any rate, even if I were the absolute picture of health, I wouldn't have participated, on general principle.

I lost 30 lbs since last December and have 20 ish to go. Took a break from Weight Watchers for 2 months since their office hours are greatly limited and I liked their professional scales. Oh, .i just realized My 2 month vacation is up! Well,
    I think I will start counting points next week, and rejoin WW —online—in November.

Good going old hat and IL!

Starting on July 1, the nightly Netflix and ice cream habit adopted during the lockdown ended for me, and on September 1 after we got back from a mini-vacation to Colorado I quit a lot of carbs (bread, tortilla chips) and sugar (no mini candy bars and a lot less alcohol). I told K. I was going to be returning to eating the way I used to when I lived alone and was working at Wholefoods and really adopted a very healthy way of eating and invited him to come along with the idea or not. Basically, I decided to take responsibility for myself and not continue to blame my own weight gain on living with someone.

At any rate, it is working as I have already lost 8 lbs. and am within 2 lbs. of being what I weighed when I moved to New Mexico four years ago! My clothes fit better, I don't crave sugar anymore, and cutting back on the carbs has really helped. I eat a lot more vegetables and much less processed food. My immediate goal is to get down to 160 and stay there!

SQ, that’s great! I got on the scale today and was down 3 more pounds.

Today, or rather tonight, marks my first full week of work. When I think of it, I get on the scale on Mondays and Fridays. Got on this morning and I'm down 5 pounds this week. I knew I lost some, as this job has me walking for my full 8 hour shift. Hmmm... getting paid to loose weight - I love it! My feet, on the other hand, are not happy - LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Happy, that’s great! Do you have really good shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Happy, that’s great! Do you have really good shoes?
    Teacher Terry - I had actually bought two pairs of sneakers and finally bought gel inserts for each. The inserts made a difference, so things are looking up. Thanks for asking.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

My best friend and her husband who also quit drinking calories have lost a bunch of weight. It’s been relatively painless.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My best friend and her husband who also quit drinking calories have lost a bunch of weight. It’s been relatively painless.
    I think quitting drinking can make a significant difference for some folks. At some point I may try that.

Thread Information