Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss

I do miss my daily coke but only have one a week. I also miss juice.

So I am just finishing up my 6th week at the new job. As I've posted elsewhere, it is VERY physical and entails a significant amount of walking (7-10 miles a night). As of this morning, I'm down about 15 pounds!! That's about 2.5 pounds a week, so I'm thinking that's an okay loss rate.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Happ, that’s a great loss rate.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    So I am just finishing up my 6th week at the new job. As I've posted elsewhere, it is VERY physical and entails a significant amount of walking (7-10 miles a night). As of this morning, I'm down about 15 pounds!! That's about 2.5 pounds a week, so I'm thinking that's an okay loss rate.
    You are all doing so well!

Add the equivalent to a gym membership as a benefit of the new job, Happystuff. Can you tell that I have to help motivate myself by seeing such necessary activities as working in terms that provide an additional benefit?

I jokingly comment that my little beagle is my gym membership as we walk 5km (3miles+) at least every day. He also organizes my daytime routine by pestering me for attention when I spend too much time sitting at the computer or reading. He is my social coordinator as people stop and talk each day becoming friends since we meet so often.
    All this benefit for the cost of his dog food, dog licence and his annual vet checkup. Besides which he is loveable.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I have lost 5 more pounds. We bought apple cider sold by a farmer so made a exception to not drinking any calories. I found a great alcohol free beer that’s only 70 calories and don’t miss wine at all. I had a coke yesterday and it tasted so good after not having one for months.

Exercise has definitely posed a significant challenge during these covid times, plus, if I buy naughty food I eat it, so I'm trying to not buy it to begin with. Psychological tricks and mindfulness seem to help, but sometimes the "grab and eat" impulse prevails.

For indoor exercise, I try to perform what's called "Radio Taiso," (ラジオ体操) a traditional (i.e., mid-20th century) Japanese mass-exercise that people still do in vast numbers in the morning all over Japan. It seems to have fallen off with younger generations, but it provides a pretty decent workout that requires very little space. Below is the one that I often do from NHK (Japanese public television). You don't need to speak Japanese to follow along, just do what the people do. I think it's helped keep me at least a little limber. It's supposed to work all of the body's major muscles.

https://youtu.be/feSVtC1BSeQ

Thanks!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I thought I would update this thread. I have lost a total of 24 pounds and am still losing. I expected to hit my set point but it hasn’t happened yet. A friend of mine has also lost weight so gave me 12 tops which meant I only needed to buy jeans and underwear. How are others doing?

I lost 30 lbs.

now am gaining.

ack!!!!!! But as my friend says, “you know what to do.”

I think I need to get a dog.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information