Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October Purge

October Purge

Today was our Town Wide Yard Sale. I wasn't going to participate, as my yard sale box was not really that full to make it worth it. However, two siblings showed up so I set up my meager box, then pulled out some donation box items, followed by miscellaneous stuff that has been sitting around "forever". End result is that I made a bit of money and got rid of more than half of what I put out! Plus it was great fun social distancing outside with sibs. Nice day all around!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Took four bags of stuff to the Goodwill this morning--2 bags of clothes, 2 bags of household. Feeling pretty good about it! And so far I've resisted several estate sales in the neighborhood. Gazingus Pin Central.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I have so far resisted 5 quilters garage sales, two store sales and a big gathering where women rented tables to sell their craft stuff. Oh and I did not go to the quilt guild's car boot sale. I am going to simply wait till next year. Maybe I will have cleaned out some old stuff by then. Have made at least 30 pillowcase kits for a friend who sews them up and then we donate. Gave a big bag of misc quilting things to a new quilter.

Feels good.

Filled a bag with clothes that are too big and have some household items.

The old shed is officially gone!!! All the pieces have been loaded into a dumpster and have departed!!!! (Don't know if that counts as 1 shed or many pieces of shed - LOL)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That's great Happy stuff. A whole shed!!!

Four grocery bags of miscellany and a cloth bag full of telephones-- four!!--to the Goodwill, along with four outdoor chairs and a metal outdoor table. They are all nice things and someone can enjoy them. Oh, and discarded a telephone that just doesn't work--too bad, it was a super cool touch phone princess in red from the 70's. Yes, I guess I collect old phones. I still have a rotary dial in red--discarded a working rotary dial in black, such a sacrifice, as it took me 20 years to find one at a yard sale--but the red one works better and is red, which makes it super cool like the one from the Bob Newhart show, although his was not rotary.

Some hipsters will be very happy at the Goodwill this week.

Tybee, I have red phone in my breakfast nook which is decorated in green and red. I hate the modern phones, they’re cheap and they don’t work. We are on our second phone that doesn’t apparently work. Those old Bell instruments were tough beasts.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-17-20 at 9:07am.

I love the feel of the old phone, cradled against my ear. A landline is a real luxury these days.

And those old Bell phones are so heavy--I can remember reading murder mysteries where somebody clocked somebody with the phone and it could be lethal.

Been trying to make new floor space every day. Today I tackled part of the dining room. Replaced a heap o stuff, semi organized, with 4 buckets with lids and stuff sorted. Hurrah! Lots of go aways, books, papers, stray socks etc. this Month. Haven’t sold much, 2 magazines, 3 baskets and a mug. DH bought a piece of hobby equipment but donated 3 other things he didn’t need of the same type.

we decided we’re going to clean out the attic this winter. It’s unheated, but we can get in there long enough to grab a box or two...

Thread Information