Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SNL: Debate Spoof Cold Open

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I’m reading that the Critics didn't like for two reasons:

1. It made both men look equally bad, when they believe that Trump behaved much worse
    2. The addition of Kamala Harris took the spotlight off the true problems with Trump’s multiple interruptions and refusal to denounce racism.
    Valid points. I watched it purely for entertainment-no evaluative thoughts!

Agreed. Made me laugh.

For some reason I didn't find it that funny. Maybe because the actual debate was so outrageous that it couldn't be topped.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    For some reason I didn't find it that funny. Maybe because the actual debate was so outrageous that it couldn't be topped.
    I couldn’t watch the debate and after hearing about it I’m really glad I did not watch it. So this Parody Lulls me into thinking it was bad but not THAT bad. Even though it probably was THAT bad.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I couldn’t watch the debate and after hearing about it I’m really glad I did not watch it. So this Parody Lulls me into thinking it was bad but not THAT bad. Even though it probably was THAT bad.
    It was worse than that! I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say there was no actual debate at all.

I love SNL's opening skits - often the only ones I can stay awake for. The Political skits are the best. Some of the Hillary, Sarah Palin and Bernie skits were laugh out
    loud funny. After seeing that skit I thought the remote with a mute is really what I needed when I watched the debates. Trump was the worst, but Biden wasn't much better.
    I finally had to just walk away. All I could think was, this is the best we got? Seriously? Mute.

Biden had a difficult time with trump constantly interrupting. Who could keep their train of thought with the crazy one going constantly off the rails?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Biden had a difficult time with trump constantly interrupting. Who could keep their train of thought with the crazy one going constantly off the rails?
    Those interruptions were no accident. In the debate prep, Christie encouraged him to interrupt early and often to throw Biden (who famously has speech issues) off his game. Biden has since apologized for referring to Trump as a "clown." I think that showed restraint.

I know that. I spent 7 years in speech therapy for stuttering in elementary school. I use the same techniques that Biden does when talking.

My son also received speech therapy and you can still here the therapy at work when he talks--but no stutter. He does not do well when interrupted, either.

Thread Information