Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does he not want to win?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Does he not want to win?

What's up with Trump refusing to deal with a stimulus package until after the election, coupled with his arrogant assumption that he's going to win given his further tanking in the polls with each new and improved shenanigan?

Playing with a mostly full deck I can't come up with any other conclusion other than his WANTING to lose. Your take? Rob

Yppej
    Maybe the virus is really kicking him in the pants and the thought of working 4 more years is overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What's up with Trump refusing to deal with a stimulus package until after the election, coupled with his arrogant assumption that he's going to win given his further tanking in the polls with each new and improved shenanigan?

Playing with a mostly full deck I can't come up with any other conclusion other than his WANTING to lose. Your take? Rob
    That's funny. I don't think he wanted to win the first time, from what I've read. Melania DEFINITELY didn't want him to win. Wasn't there a movie like that--someone who tried their darnedest to lose but everything he did made him more popular?

Interesting theory, Rob.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It’s also possible that they and McConnell have read the polling and realize that it’s looking pretty hopeless. So they are focusing on the one last thing they can probably get done, shoving a radical activist judge through the Supreme Court justice confirmation process.

His 2 brain cells aren’t connecting. He desperately wants to win because being president is probably the only thing standing between him and a orange jumpsuit)

I was perplexed by this. I had assumed he would want stimulus checks with his name all over them to arrive shortly before the election. I think JP's guess makes sense, but I see that the president is now reversing his position on this. He seems so unstable.

The other possibility is that it’s finally sunk in that he’s very likely going to lose and he’s decided to give a big FU to the country as a parting gift. He’s certainly petty enough to do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post

...He is so unstable.
    Fixed it for you.

The resolute desk isn't so resolute, it turns out. Someone got to him and showed him the polls showing 75% of the public in favor of more stimulus--not to mention Wall Street. Now he's begging for prompt passage. Dolt.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    The resolute desk isn't so resolute, it turns out. Someone got to him and showed him the polls showing 75% of the public in favor of more stimulus--not to mention Wall Street. Now he's begging for prompt passage. Dolt.
    I too noticed this last hour flip-flop. Though I'm grateful that maybe some desperate folks will get help - the quick 180 does not show stability on Trump's part. But then does anyone in their right mind associate stability with Donald J Trump at this point? Rob

Thread Information