Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relieved. Received my ballot yesterday.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Relieved. Received my ballot yesterday.

Was worried as I had not received it until yesterday. Now at least it's safe to vote! There have been as of yet unconfirmed rumors of armed militia intimidating people at local polling places to vote for Trump. While I realistically have a hard time seeing this, nothing in 2020 would surprise me snd I can see such happening in todays America.

Very glad that mail-in voting is an option. Will vote straight Democrat - I don't live in the 85006 for nothing. And the GOP has proven they have nothing but rapidly increasing toxicity to offer. Rob

I read that if you encounter people at the polls trying to intimidate you take their picture and call a certain number to report. Legitimate poll watchers come from both parties and are authorized. I really hope that nutcases don’t show up to make trouble.

And I contradicted myself above. What I meant to say is that due to how 2020 has unfolded, I CAN see armed.militia scattered across the US attempting to influence the vote - something that prior to 2020 I would have had a hard time seeing. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I read that if you encounter people at the polls trying to intimidate you take their picture and call a certain number to report. Legitimate poll watchers come from both parties and are authorized. I really hope that nutcases don’t show up to make trouble.
    I sure hope they don't. Imagine the worldwide visual and the truth if America laid bare for all to see - and the effects of this reality upon business investment, the stock msrket, and layoffs! Shudder. Cringe. Rob

Should have been the truth of America above. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I sure hope they don't. Imagine the worldwide visual and the truth if America laid bare for all to see - and the effects of this reality upon business investment, the stock msrket, and layoffs! Shudder. Cringe. Rob
    This is ridiculous.

And I contradicted myself above. What I meant to say is that due to how 2020 has unfolded, I CAN see armed.militia scattered across the US attempting to influence the vote - something that prior to 2020 I would have had a hard time seeing. Rob
    Would it be fair to say that in the 85006 the "truth of America" is largely influenced by it's collective imagination?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

you sure those mail in votes will be counted in time?

Here in Cali I don't worry much about it because 1) presidential race is not in play here 2) we have a latter date than most states for counting the vote, it's not until sometime in Dec it all needs to legally be counted here, other states have much shorter cut offs. So I might worry elsewhere.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This is ridiculous.
    The visual of armed militias intimidating voters impacting the US economy is ridiculous? Please illuminate - you are speaking a somewhat foreign language here. You are using English, but your meaning is foreign. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Would it be fair to say that in the 85006 the "truth of America" is largely influenced by it's collective imagination?
    No....it's influenced by cold blooded reality and no loyalty whatsoever. In other words, we dish to America what America dishes to us. Rob

Thread Information