Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Relieved. Received my ballot yesterday.

I'll be putting mine in my outgoing mail and hoping for the best, but I'll track it online just in case. Stamps aren't required for ballots here.

Since I was going to be passing the library anyway it was just as easy as
    mailing it. Plus I saved the county the cost of postage since ours are postage paid.

I got a second ballot today due to a printing error on the first. I called the city clerk and the first ballot will be accepted. If I vote again the second ballot will supersede the first one. I don't think I will vote by mail again. This is a mess.

Straight Outta Moscow!

I called again and was told the only difference between the two ballots is the order in which the candidates are listed. What a waste of time and taxpayer money!

I took my mail-in ballot to the election office today and exchanged it to vote in person..stood in line for about an hour. No "poll-watchers", no voters in illegal electioneering hats, Tshirts, or masks. The process was smooth and easy. I voted in person because I wanted to be sure the vote was reported on Election Day, not later with the other mail ballots...I want the number of votes for Biden to be as high as possible on Election Day, so that there won't be any reasonable reason to doubt Trump's defeat (which is what I hope happens). I'm signed up to be a pollworker on Election Day.

I've been unable to get to the PO and the drop box in my town is at temporary town hall with no parking close (my knees don't like walking) and tons of people in line for early voting. So I gave it to the mail carrier yesterday as she was delivering mail in my complex.

I donít know anyone trusting the mail this election. Too much is at stake. We voted in person last week. My friends are doing that of using the drop boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t know anyone trusting the mail this election.
    You know me (sorta). I think the only valid concern with mail in voting is the delay in counting results that will ensue due to so many people using that method, as well as the 3 day or so period for counting those votes in various states.

It has always bothered me that oftentimes the votes of military members who must vote by mail when stationed outside their home state, are not counted because mail ballots must be counted within a narrow time frame and as a percentage of total votes they're statistically irrelevant. I expect the narrow time frame to be a real issue when so many people who could vote in person don't. But that's an issue with state requirements, not the postal service.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don’t know anyone trusting the mail this election. Too much is at stake. We voted in person last week. My friends are doing that of using the drop boxes.
    Since I’m hearing from my Trump supporting friends that I shouldn’t trust the mail, I wonder what is the point of having a US mail system that seems to be distrusted by all sides. What is the bloody point.

I put my ballot into the corner mailbox a few days ago. I’m done. I’m not gonna obsess about it.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-21-20 at 6:16pm.

Thread Information