Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Relieved. Received my ballot yesterday.

I asked DH, a long time election judge, if he had registered poll watchers at his voting place. He said once in a while he did and they were there for the presidential elections. I asked him were they in the way, neutral, or helpful?

He said they were neutral heading towards helpful because when it got very busy, they helped direct traffic.

on another topic, I see reports on Reddit and Nextdoor of people who get an email response from the election board when their paper ballot is received. I Nextdoor one guy said he took it to the main post office and it took 19 days for him to receive the acknowledgment from the election board which is literally three blocks away.

I would not blame this on the US mail, I suspect it has more to do with boatloads of ballots showing up that they have to process. But I don’t really know that as a fact that’s just my speculation.

Are you all receiving email acknowledgment That your ballot was received?

Cook County drop boxes aren’t available until Monday, so I’m waiting until then.

I heard on the news a day or two ago that Cook County still had about 20K mail in ballot applications to process. They were working long hours and on weekends, but still way behind.

We may just early vote in person at a location that isn’t usually busy. It seems easier than tracking my ballot and having to rectify it if they decide my signature doesn’t match.

Yppej
    I did not receive email notification, which I never signed up for, but saw on my state's website that my ballot was received and accepted.

I should get my ballot in the next couple of days. I'll mail it on Monday.
    Reported volume of mail-in and in-person voting in phenomenal this election.

IL, I would expect official poll watchers to be the utmost in neutrality and helpfulness. "Volunteers," not so much. At best, they'll just get in the way.

We voted by mail on Tuesday. On Wednesday we received text messages that it was received and signature verified.

Arizona has been doing this for years, so we have the process down.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I should get my ballot in the next couple of days. I'll mail it on Monday.
    Reported volume of mail-in and in-person voting in phenomenal this election.

IL, I would expect official poll watchers to be the utmost in neutrality and helpfulness. "Volunteers," not so much. At best, they'll just get in the way.
    I don’t know what you mean by “volunteers. “. People may not hang around a polling place if they are not a registered poll watcher Or an election official.

By the way, our local city election place is having so much trouble getting workers that they increased the pay to $15 an hour.

"Volunteers" as in people encouraged by Trump to show up en masse at their local precincts and skulk around. It sounds like the phenom isn't catching on anywhere, so that's a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    We voted by mail on Tuesday. On Wednesday we received text messages that it was received and signature verified.

Arizona has been doing this for years, so we have the process down.
    I checked online to be sure my ballot was received by the county clerk, and indeed it was.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    "Volunteers" as in people encouraged by Trump to show up en masse at their local precincts and skulk around. It sounds like phenom isn't catching on anywhere, so that's a relief.
    My ballot should arrive tomorrow. If any Trump supporters are skulking around my dining table as I vote, I won’t even fire a warning shot...

Thread Information