Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you give out your correct birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I get asked for my birthday at every medical appointment.
    They have a need to know your birthday.

I give out a fake birthday on social media. Its the right month and year, just not the date. Its close enough for government work.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    This website for one. I got a happy birthday greeting. My birthday is in October though... so not totally bogus.
    I always like getting a little b'day message from SLN. I can imagine Alan waking up on March 26 saying, "oh, I have to remember to send catherine a birthday greeting!" .
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I always like getting a little b'day message from SLN. I can imagine Alan waking up on March 26 saying, "oh, I have to remember to send catherine a birthday greeting!" .
    That’s exactly what he does!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That’s exactly what he does!
    Yes, I get up extra early on Catherine's birthday so that it's the first thing she sees.

Seriously though, I get a kick out of the people who respond to those greetings. Sometimes they're nice, sometimes not so much.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes, I get up extra early on Catherine's birthday so that it's the first thing she sees.

Seriously though, I get a kick out of the people who respond to those greetings. Sometimes they're nice, sometimes not so much.
    I don't answer because I feel guilty for lying to you. Keep up the thankless work, bro!

They have a need to know your birthday.
    It’s convenient for them. I wouldn’t call it a need.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It’s convenient for them. I wouldn’t call it a need.
    I believe it is a need. I know my MIL had the same name as her SIL and that was how they kept track of them. You may have someone else who has the same or similar name. That is another way to verify. Also, may need for insurance or medicare? There are other reasons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Wow.... surprising that people respond. I take it to be automated by the database.

I believe it is a need. I know my MIL had the same name as her SIL and that was how they kept track of them. You may have someone else who has the same or similar name. That is another way to verify. Also, may need for insurance or medicare? There are other reasons as well.
    Agreed. My son and husband have the same name, only differentiated by "Sr." and "Jr." which really isn't enough. I assume that is one reason we have to give them birthdates.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information