Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ACB Hearings

I don’t see much in all the “theocracy” tripe either. I like a judge who prefers the letter of the law to social justice outcomes. I think she will serve the Court and the country well over the next few decades.

I think the furious effort to redefine “court packing” is indicative of the nonsense to come.

She hasn’t been a federal judge long at all. There’s so many more qualified judges that could have been appointed. Merrick Garland was much more qualified. Her appointment is another travesty just like the G appointment. It’s a race to the bottom. Being appointed now by this administration is actually a insult. Qualified judges not wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    She hasn’t been a federal judge long at all. There’s so many more qualified judges that could have been appointed. Merrick Garland was much more qualified. Her appointment is another travesty just like the G appointment. It’s a race to the bottom. Being appointed now by this administration is actually a insult. Qualified judges not wanted.
    And yet everyone who actually knows her academic and judicial history disagrees with you. Isn't that great?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Most of her colleagues that she taught with at the university all signed a letter opposing her appointment. That’s not disagreement)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    And yet everyone who actually knows her academic and judicial history disagrees with you. Isn't that great?
    Yes, but merely being rated well-qualified by the ABA is not enough. There is the higher Ideological standard of the cosplaying culture warriors demanding promises in advance to rule certain approved ways for certain cases.

Most of her colleagues that she taught with at the university all signed a letter opposing her appointment. That’s not disagreement)
    Their objection was to the circumstances of her appointment, not to her qualifications.

terry, look at your source.Are any of the dissenters law school colleagues? Nope.

I do realize that several librarians signed the petition to remove Amy CB’s name (and yes, it was about circumstances of her appointment, not so much her qualifications ) so if you consider librarians to be the pinnacle of correctness, well then. There we have it, Amy is out! Probably the American Library Association has a resolution about it because that is so much their business. Not.

I stopped sending membership dues to the American Library Association more than a decade before I retired because I became very tired of their political strife and how much energy that sucked up from the organization. The straw that broke the camels back was, for me, an endless debate at a convention that had to do with Cuban dissidents, were they librarians or not? It was an intellectual freedom issue which normally interests me, this whole debate about their status just not worthy of 60 minutes of furious shouting.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    oh please. There is so much projection about this competent young(ish) woman and the evil she will bring.

I just dont see it.

The ACA case will ( ?) turn on the sticky wicket of the bugabear mandatory purchase issue. At least, from the skim reading i’ve done, that seems to be the point of law being argued. You have to do some mighty mental gymnastics to find a Handmaid’s Tale in that point of law.
    Seriously? Have you read about her?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...se/ar-BB19LQqM

It’s such a sad day for so many people especially women.
    I agree. This is a step backward.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I don’t see much in all the “theocracy” tripe either. I like a judge who prefers the letter of the law to social justice outcomes. I think she will serve the Court and the country well over the next few decades.

I think the furious effort to redefine “court packing” is indicative of the nonsense to come.
    After this, I hope the Dems win and do court packing. After all, that is what the Republicans just did.. 6-3 is not an equitable split. At least add a few more to make it more of an even balance.

Thread Information