Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emergency move to new apartment

Not all kids go back. My grandson escaped an abusive home and is adopted into our family.

Wow, UL. Just wow. Crazy!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

If the mom doesn’t make changes her parental rights will be severed and they will go up for adoption. In the early 90’s many states shortened the termination process so kids wouldn’t be stuck in foster care until they were too old to realistically get adopted.

Wow! So glad you are safe and out of there!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    If the mom doesn’t make changes her parental rights will be severed and they will go up for adoption. In the early 90’s many states shortened the termination process so kids wouldn’t be stuck in foster care until they were too old to realistically get adopted.
    But you have to admit that the overall plan is very likely to reunite the children with their mother. And they will likely go back to her. And they may very well be bounced out of her house again Because she is incapable of providing a safe space for them Because she cannot choose them over the current Ricky.

Fascinating...

Glad to see you back on the forum.... and safe!

From stories like this and others, it seems like cops spend an inordinate amount of time dealing with these types of situations. I wish they spent more time doing other things since the situation never seems to change. With parents like these and with no other positive role models, their kids continue the story.

That's the type of an account a lot of us in our semi-comfortable middle class neighborhoods should be more aware of. In his working life my brother was a social worker who did the sorts of things you described with the police and children. He's something of a misogynist these days which I suspect is related.

So I was curious about something. When the guy pulled out the chrome plated .45 and started shooting, what was he shooting at? I have the general impression that the gangsters with firearms have no firearm experience and may not have ever even shot at bottles and cans. Was the shooting just a warning, or some other mishandled situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post

So I was curious about something. When the guy pulled out the chrome plated .45 and started shooting, what was he shooting at? I have the general impression that the gangsters with firearms have no firearm experience and may not have ever even shot at bottles and cans. Was the shooting just a warning, or some other mishandled situation?
    He missed the guy he was shooting at. No firearm injuries.

Thread Information