Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harlan (my dog) has cancer...

I am so very sorry. I have been through this many times and it’s so hard.

Awwww, Harlan! I'm glad your buddy will be around a while longer. I know you'll make his remaining time comfortable and happy.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I'm so sorry, UL. I hope you both enjoy your remaining time together.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Oh, UL, I'm sorry - but it's good to hear that you'll likely have a many happy days yet with your best fur-bud, and I'm sure he will enjoy them greatly!

I am so sorry to hear this. We just had to take Holly to the Rainbow Bridge a few weeks ago . Our other two Corgis are living on borrowed time too. One is over 17 years old and had bone cancer in his right hind leg that we had amputated last year. We just opted for the amputation only, not to put him through chemo, as he is in remission from IMHA. The youngest one has inoperable bladder cancer. I still cry every day for my Holly

Adding my good wishes for you and Harlan.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I took him to the shop today. The vet aspirated another lump. Results Thursday sometime.

Harlan has also had really bad bloody diarreah for the past 2 months or so. They are trying more tylan powder and forti flora. Two more weeks. They are also giving him some special food. They gave the poor guy a digital rectal exam, a rectal swab, and took a fecal sample. He got some other tests and meds too.

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    I am so sorry to hear this. We just had to take Holly to the Rainbow Bridge a few weeks ago .
    I am sorry for your loss.

I am so very sorry. When we take pets into our lives, we know they will die far sooner than we want them to. My only comfort has always been that, while alive, my pets led the happiest and most contented of possible lives. I'm sure that if Harlan could speak, he would say he lives his best life with you, and every day has been happy for him. And just in support of no chemo or heroic measures - animals don't understand all that stuff. I think they would choose to just live until they can't anymore. As long as they are eating and drinking, and seem in no pain, it is a good day for them. Once again, I am so sorry that you and Harlan have to go thru this

Not here much anymore, so I just saw this.

I’m really sorry ultralite. I know how much Harlan means to you.

Thread Information