Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road trip -- a simple living style vacation

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Now I have a sudden craving to go pile up dirt, in the living room.
    Ha! Maybe use mashed potatoes instead.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Another update...

As you all know, I usually like to fly out to far flung places like South America or Eastern Europe for my vacations.

But with COVID, I could not do that this year. So I took a simple road trip with a ladyfriend and our dogs (Harlan and Stella).

We went to a variety of places such as Sioux Falls, Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, and the Fiield of Dreams house! We stayed in Air BnBs and avoided restaurants, just eating from a cooler full of healthy foods.

Attachment 3456 Attachment 3457 Attachment 3458
    Is the relationship going well? I've always hoped you would find your soulmate. You seem like a good guy, even if a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes (I say that with affection).

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Is the relationship going well? I've always hoped you would find your soulmate.
    We just took the vacation together. No relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    We just took the vacation together. No relationship.
    I apologize for the assumption.

We haven’t had a vacation in two years. We are going to placerville, ca for 3 days next week to enjoy the fall, farms and outside activities. It’s busy on weekends so going during the week.

We did a 30 minute drive yesterday to drop our ballots and go fishing. It was fantastic. The brown trout (stocked) were leaping out of the water and completely uninterested in any bait we cast, or lure, but they put on a great show. It was like a mini Sea World Dolphin show. Plus we were alone on this beautiful lake and able to be on the level part because the water was very low.

Disheartened not to go to TX this winter. Don't think it is worth the risk to stay in hotels and then in the mobile home park where people are going out to eat and shopping. Told they are wearing masks but still... No snow yet, but it is not far.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Now I have a sudden craving to go pile up dirt, in the living room.
    Mashed potatoes work just as well.

Whoops. Next time I’ll finish reading the whole thread before making sarcastic posts!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Mashed potatoes work just as well.

Whoops. Next time I’ll finish reading the whole thread before making sarcastic posts!

great minds...
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information