Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road trip -- a simple living style vacation

Road trip -- a simple living style vacation

Another update...

As you all know, I usually like to fly out to far flung places like South America or Eastern Europe for my vacations.

But with COVID, I could not do that this year. So I took a simple road trip with a ladyfriend and our dogs (Harlan and Stella).

We went to a variety of places such as Sioux Falls, Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, and the Fiield of Dreams house! We stayed in Air BnBs and avoided restaurants, just eating from a cooler full of healthy foods.

IMG_2637llll.jpg IMG_2788iiiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg IMG_3298jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I thought you traveled to the Ukraine, and wondered how you pulled that off.

We did did the same trip in our camper during all of June and part of July this year. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devils Tower, Yellowstone, Little Big Horn, Teddy Roosevelt National Park, Custer State Park, Badlands, etc. Had a great time!

Last edited by Alan; 10-13-20 at 11:32am. Reason: Took out duplicate photo
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Now I have a sudden craving to go pile up dirt, in the living room.

Alan, cool rig and great pics!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I thought you traveled to the Ukraine, and wondered how you pulled that off.
    I wish!

That's our kind of vacation, too. OK, I like flying or sailing to some international destination but it's going to be a looooong time until that happens again. In the meantime, fill the car with fuel, point it in one direction, and go. Someday that will be as easy as it once was.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

We like road trips and since being retired have gone for a month at a time. We love the national parks except for them not being very dog friendly.

We have a brief window where it’s pretty safe to see our grandkids - the boys are home schooled for now and I’m still off work but no longer contagious. So we’ve been to Grand Canyon village twice in the last month. Our son works there, and we stay in his camper which is parked by his house. I’m tempted to retire, sell everything, and be a full time grandma. It’s so peaceful up there ...

Sounds great! I need to at least get out camping for a weekend before the cold weather really hits... sigh.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information