Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannabis as medicine

Cannabis as medicine

Here is another update...

As I mentioned in a previous post, this past winter I was diagnosed with LPR-silent reflux.

The pain and discomfort was rather bad. So I decided to try cannabis -- the stuff with both THC and CBD, since it is perfectly legal here -- to see if it would alleviate the pain and discomfort.

I tried an indica and a sativa.

The sativa made me very jittery. Bad experience.

But the indica did take the edge off the pain and discomfort. It also made me feel very relaxed!

Now that the low acid, low fat diet has helped improve the symptoms I rarely consume cannbis -- once in a while with friends or to binge-watch Star Trek. haha

It makes me too lazy to use more frequently. And I don't like to be lazy -- I like to do stuff most of the time!

But occasionally it is kinda nice!

I've been taking a 5 mg THC candy at night to help with sleep. I do think it helps a bit.

Which is the compound that triggers food consumption? I would try weed again if I could avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Which is the compound that triggers food consumption? I would try weed again if I could avoid that.
    So far it has not made me super hungry and I have been able to resist snacks, even while those around me are pounding snacks from their munchies.

Cannabis seems to effect everyone differently. I get no euphoria or giggles or anything like that. Just relaxed if it is Indica.

I won’t go near Sativa again tho. Bad jitters and strange worries, like: “The sun will never go down! I will never experience night again!” Weird stuff on Sativa. Haha

Indica is mellow.

I voted yes on recreational MJ in AZ.
    I will never try it cause I fear side effects.

I must be libertarian at heart.

While I don't know all the details, I do know a couple people who use for medical purposes. It definitely helps them deal better with their ailments.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I know of a few people who use it as a sleep and and for minor pain. One comment was that it wasn't so much that it made the pain go away, but that you forgot about it. I tried it a few times over the summer as a sleep aid when it was hot and hard to sleep. It definitely worked, but it's hard to beat good natural sleep. I doubt that I'll use it more often.

I take CBD to sleep better and it helps.

I'm on a FB caregiver support group for spouses of folks with dementia. Some folks have had luck using CBD (and THC) with their spouses to help them sleep through the night. At some stages of dementia, a lot of folks are up and down all night, which is rough on the caregiver. We're not at that state yet, but I'll be ready to try it if I think it will help. THC isn't legal in our state, but I have "connections" lol, who regularly go to a neighboring state where it is.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

This time around, THC/CBD consumption has no effect on my appetite. You can look up various strains and their characteristics at www.leafly.com .

Thread Information