Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: COVID hobbies?

Thanks!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Sleep deprived brain so don't know if I've posted these elsewhere or not, but these are the latest covid-creation:

Attachment 3467Attachment 3468

The first are premmie items, the second is a little toddler dress.
    How sweet are those?!!!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

CL, I'm so glad to see you back on here. I don't know how you do it and am so sorry that this pandemic has made things even harder. How is the yoga helping? I hope a LOT.

Hi nswef, thanks.

the yoga is helping some.

the imposition of strict scheduling, routines, and boundaries, of which yoga is a part, is helping.

Today I made it through a whole day including a hybrid online class without needing to call tech support.

i am tired a lot and short on reserves.
    I’ve shortened this several times due to the boundaries/reserves issues, but I do appreciate your kind words.

This virus is so hard on kids and I feel sorry for them and the teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    This virus is so hard on kids and I feel sorry for them and the teachers.
    Me, too! To be honest, I'm soooo glad to not be parenting younger children now with the decisions to be made re: schooling, etc.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Me, too! To be honest, I'm soooo glad to not be parenting younger children now with the decisions to be made re: schooling, etc.
    My daughter holds down a full-time job, takes her 10-year-old to work with her (she's lucky she can do this) and has a little schoolwork area for her in her office. She runs her to gymnastics 3 times a week. She also has an 18-yr-old on the autism spectrum who is in an online transition program at home (by himself all day) that she has to worry about and monitor his stuff remotely and by phone. I help her out with him. Her husband telecommutes in a city about 2 hr away M-Th.

I've watched her age in the last 7 months.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Kay, your daughter has a lot on her plate. That sounds awful.

Kay, wow to your dd! Hugs and well-wishes to her that things go smoothly with everything going on!

Reading. This "indoor phase" has allowed me to read more than I ever imagined. I also started finding easy and quick recipes to make so I have more control over what I swallow and digest, rather than letting more convenient and corrosive food take over. I'm shocked at how many ways one can cook garbanzo beans. I've also sought out new forums to post on, such as this one.

Thread Information