Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID hobbies?

Ultralight!

I was wondering about your situation just last week.

I’ve been off work since July 10 with Covid. Long slow recovery - I’m at about 80% now. Maybe I’ll return to work in November?

Here’s an article on long Covid:
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...ith-long-covid

Husband and I are watching all 5 seasons of Babylon 5. Great fun.

Amped up my needlework output. Took on a longterm project. I'll post when I finish. It's kind of a dreamscape.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

The yard and garden take up a lot of our time in the spring and summer so there was that. I've been working on my watercolor cards which I've used to keep in contact with our Meals on Wheels clients and friends. I've also been working on cards for the holidays. We have been catching up on series that we missed the first time around since new content is scarce. As a passive hobby, I was letting my hair grow for giggles and wasn't going to get it cut until Covid was over. I didn't make it. I just had about 10 inches chopped off.

Terminated from job in March and just got a new one about a week ago. Very physical and 2nd shift - which I'm new to - so I'm still adjusting to all that. Prior to new job, increased decluttering around the house, increased in my crocheting and reading. Actually the reading tied in with the decluttering. Didn't feel like I could get rid of some books until I read them - lol. Also gardened a little more seriously this year. Definitely a gardening newbie, but really enjoy it!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Elder care from afar has been consuming all of my spare time in recent months. Lots of phone calls, internet research, and road trips.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Working on real estate improvement projects and gardens.

Our retired lives slowed down with Covid, and our regular hobby groups stopped meeting. I toyed with the idea of taking this opportunity to drive to the east coast to sight see and to also visit graves of ancient relatives, but instead a bought a condo and we are now doing work on it.
    That is definitely a project!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Just laying low here.
    No shame in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Got a spare bike someone had for free and rode in the nearby nature preserve as weather allowed.
    Nice! That is some simple living technique!

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Hobbies, who has time for hobbies?
    Shutdown was announced on my day off, and the owner working at the time, shut down the business, wondering what the restrictions were. We are exempt/essential.
    Business went down to 90% for around ten days and one company came in and spent thousands to give to their employee's.
    Then we were in the paper (online), Local news spotted it before print and put us on. Covid hours were going to be shorter, but between all the above, business increased to 200% and we didn't even make it to covid hours (running out of stuff, daily, no extra storage room)
    I am the go get guy, and with our hours, what ended up happening, is I went shopping at some places that both work and parents go, and my parents went to the grocery store for me and we swapped stuff. While some of our help, worked less hours, they were paid the same. My hours, slightly increased. Between the closure and first of June, and extra $8K.
    Sometime between March and April, a friend who moved for wife's job, went into the doctor for not feeling well. Diagnosed with Cancer with at best a couple months, he lived days. Family couldn't have a service.
    Late June, early July, I walk out, as the owner from earlier, has been taking off without saying anything, going home, drinking and comes back, only long enough for me to eat. I have no idea where he is and there are things he is needed for. The brothers and business partners, talk and the other starts dialysis.
    August hits and the first one goes in for surgery. Two days after surgery, I go in early and we are trying to get in touch with someone else to go in early as partner two received the call he can go in early. We get the call that partner one is dead, we leave, I lock up and still beat partner two in the house. Paramedics are working, but the body is cold, he is gone. We started making the phone calls.
    The next day, five other people we knew, passed.
    I've taken over, bill paying, been working with the accountant and tax man (quarterly's) and trying to find things that have disappeared, due to the owners not keeping on top of things (diabetes affecting mind).
    Been asked to move into Partner ones house, and taken care of the pet. The gal that was living there, taking care of him, can't handle staying in the house, overnight. His brother has been coming down, before of after dialysis. I've been helping clear out the house as well.
    There are several things up in the air, I am becoming an owner of the business, I may be buying the house, and have a whole new set of responsibilities. (trying to change the style of management, from Crisis management, or organized).
    Who has time for hobbies?
    You are definitely dealing with a lot. I hope things improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Ultralight!

I was wondering about your situation just last week.

I’ve been off work since July 10 with Covid. Long slow recovery - I’m at about 80% now. Maybe I’ll return to work in November?

Here’s an article on long Covid:
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...ith-long-covid

Husband and I are watching all 5 seasons of Babylon 5. Great fun.
    Whoa... I am sorry you are going thru this. Long covid is frightening.

Babylong 5...? Should I consider watching it?

Thread Information