Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trick or treating?

We never see much action, but I will be ready and willing to hand out candy if anyone stops by. Lights on!

The last family here in this (very small, 100 homes) community that had daughters 7 and 11 moved away in September. All the rest of the kids are grown up now, so there will not be trick-or-treating here this year.

We are also still being very protective of the elders against COVID-19. So far, so good. Not a single case, and several people had to be tested before medical procedures.

Well, I bought 1 bag. IF we leave the light on and IF we get trick-or-treaters, we will only be doing it for as long as the one bag lasts. And, again, we will hand out wearing gloves and masks - no little hands grabbing at candy - lol.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We're going dark for the first time. We had too much leftover candy last year and I anticipate WAY fewer T-or-T'ers anyway. Our local HD has implored everyone to skip it this year.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Oh god forbid the little dears don’t get their candy and dress up experience.

My neighborhood, which used to be pretty much child free with rare exception, is now full of little rugrats. This is of course the goal we were heading towards 30 years ago. It is what we wanted! Young families. A neighborhood school! Well now we are there and lots of mommy voices are expressing concern that child centered activities have been curtailed.

So trick-or-treating in some form is happening in my immediate neighborhood. But as I said before, I’m not participating. We don’t participate in normal Times.

I'll leave a basket of treats on the front porch as usual.

My grandson is going to a family party with my son's girlfriend's family and their children. The usual costume and fun stuff, but not trick or treating that I know of, although his mom might be planning something like that where she lives.
    Have not asked my other son--they love Halloween, so I hope they get to do something.

We put out a bowl of candy but everyone seems to have followed the guidance not to do it. Personally I think SO just wanted to justify buying himself a bag of candy...

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Personally I think SO just wanted to justify buying himself a bag of candy...
    That's why when we did TorT we always bought candy we didn't like -- just so we weren't tempted to finish the bag ourselves.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Condo living makes the tradition difficult to follow. But my parents, who usually get hordes of kids, said that they didn't have a single person ring their doorbell this year.

Thread Information