Thread: October Frugals

October Frugals

It's over halfway through the month so I guess time for this thread.

I am doing pretty well. Today I was first in the door and got a neck trim only not a haircut as I am growing out my sides. The cost savings is over 50%. I was in the salon 10 minutes tops, low risk, three other people there, two stylists and one other customer.

Now that I am allowed to go clothes and shoes shopping I have no desire to do so even with the change of seasons. If only the government realized the forbidden is alluring and said use your judgment and do activities at your own risk we might have a better virus response.

We are getting a new router but it will fit within the budget.

I finally got a library card up here. I have to start curtailing my one-click trigger finger for Kindle. I got the library card specifically so I could take out Being Mortal, which was recommended over in the book review thread. That's a book I would want to read, but not keep.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We have saved a bunch of money by no longer going out for happy hour and appetizers a few times a week. We are only eating out once a week. With some of the money we saved I bought a new picture and cabinet for my dining room and new kitchen pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I finally got a library card up here. I have to start curtailing my one-click trigger finger for Kindle. I got the library card specifically so I could take out Being Mortal, which was recommended over in the book review thread. That's a book I would want to read, but not keep.
    The library here has an extensive eBook collection--the best of both worlds.

When I moved to Washington, movers were still hauling furniture in when I arrived at the Bellevue library to apply for a library card--the best bargain ever for my tax dollars.

Thread Information